Profile Question In Sentinel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

If I create a new Profile in Sentinel, and I load it into the Scanner (436), if it has the same name
as what's already there, does it simply over-write it ?

If it has a new name, is it desirable, or necessary, to erase any old Profiles that I am sure I would never need again to free up memory ?

If a good idea, how does one do this ?

Any other tricks or hints on creating, transferring and using Profiles that I should probably be asking ?

Thanks,
Bob

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
A profile is a collection of scanner settings, therefore a scanner only has one profile at a time.

You can make multiple profiles in Sentinel. You can set up different ones for different locations, etc.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As noted above, a Profile is a "collection" of various settings to be used by the scanner. When you write a Profile to the scanner, all it is doing is changing those settings or characteristics.

Whether you retain or discard Profiles is your choice. They take up very little space on the computer, on the order to 20 KB per profile. I might be a "pack rat" but I don't delete a profile. I am pretty particular about naming them so I remember what they are for.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Profiles also allow you to choose which Favorites Lists are downloaded and monitored. For instance, I have a profile named "Chicago" for when I travel there. I know that I won't need my Detroit & Toledo FL's while I'm there, so I have those set for "Download: OFF" in that profile. Conversely, I have my Chicago Favorites Lists set to "Download: OFF" in my "HOME", "Detroit/Toledo", and "Northern Michigan" profiles. I do this not so much to save memory space in the scanner, but to "de-clutter" my scanner's "Select Lists To Monitor" screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.