Profile Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

ello,

In Sentinel.

a. How can I see the date a Profile was created, or modified ?
Possible to see both ?

b. If I create a new Profile, shouldn't it come up completely blank, until I put
some "stuff" into it, rather than showing what I was doing in another Profile ?

c. I’m not at all sure that I’m seeing what I think is happening here, but let me
ask anyway.

I have several Profiles with FAV Lists. If I do a change in one Profile, would it
also be changed in the others automatically ?
If so, under what conditions ?

Thanks,
B.

marksmith

A. Not sure, except if you can look up windows directory info.

B. Absolutely not. It should contain everything in the profile you just saved it from.

C. A Favorites list changed in one profile changes in all profiles.

The main difference from one profile to another are the elements of what favorites lists are set to monitor, what favorites lists are set to download to the radio, whether or not the full database is set to be monitored, etc.

It is NOT a separate file of favorites lists.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I have changed the text of the
Opening screen to show this date. Whenever I make a change to my favorite lists, I change the date to the current one. That way, I know if the database in the radio is the same as my Sentinal profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

marksmith

I have changed the text of the
Opening screen to show this date. Whenever I make a change to my favorite lists, I change the date to the current one. That way, I know if the database in the radio is the same as my Sentinal profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I do the same thing at the favorites list or system name levels.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
As mentioned, the only thing changed between profiles are the items you can set when in the profile editor (pencil/paper icon). If you change a FL, those changes are going to affect every profile which uses that FL (i.e. Download set to On in the profile editor).

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Every now and then someone will think "I don't want Favorites List X in this new Profile". So they end up deleting the Favorites List, erroneously thinking its only applicable to a given Profile.

They will then go back to another Profile and wonder where Favorites List X went to.

A way of describing this: Favorites Lists are linked to a Profile, rather than embedded in a Profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.