Prog. MOT Type II Smartzone System??

Status
Not open for further replies.

agarcia0723

I am trying to program Orange county, Ca. MOT system but I am lost in so many ways on it. If you please take a look on the Orange County trunk system and tell me the following:

-Are all the freq's need to be enter or just the red or Re/blue's?
-Do I need to program all the sites or just county wide?
-Do I need a fleetmap for this? If so how do I program that?

I am using the Butel software to program the BCD346XT can I but all the freqs in one site or do I need to create multiple sites?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I am trying to program Orange county, Ca. MOT system but I am lost in so many ways on it. If you please take a look on the Orange County trunk system and tell me the following:

-Are all the freq's need to be enter or just the red or Re/blue's?
-Do I need to program all the sites or just county wide?
-Do I need a fleetmap for this? If so how do I program that?

I am using the Butel software to program the BCD346XT can I but all the freqs in one site or do I need to create multiple sites?

If we're discussing this system...(note: all links are in blue)

Orange, County of (CCCS - Public Safety) Trunking System, Orange County, California - Scanner Frequencies

The 346XT is going to be of limited usefulness, unless you're just interested in fire/ems. There are numerous digital talkgroups (which the 346 won't handle - it's an analog only scanner) and encrypted ones as well (which nothing can handle).

That being said, let's take the questions in order;

- I'm not familiar with the BuTel software, but yes, all you would need to do is to use the red/blue frequencies and make sure the CC only option is checked Note that if one day the system comes in on one site, and the next day it's gone, there's a chance a control channel that is not on the list is being used.

- You should probably program only those sites that are closest to you, or nearest to the ones where you travel. To me, it's a waste of memory space to program a site you have no chance of hearing because you're too far away.

- No fleetmap appears to be necessary - I'll bet the professional radios are using it due to the zone structure.

- You would program each site individually under the single system, not all frequencies from all sites together. This wiki article briefly addresses the concept of multi site trunking.

You might want to jump to the California forum to get more specific recommendations as to sites to use, and whether someone has noticed alternate CCs that are not on the db. The SoCalScan yahoo group might be another source of information

73 Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.