Program 246T with Montco Motorola II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmmmb248

I just got my 246T and am using the BC246T Scanner Director Software. Programming systems such as Plymouth Township PD is simple. I'm lost when it comes to entering the Montco frequencies which are the Motorola Systems. My old (actually ancient) scanner did not have trunk tracking, and I'm lost right now. Could someone please give me a little help getting starting. Thanks!

scanjunkie

It is a Motorola Type II system. You will only be able to pick up the analog stuff. Fire and a couple of PD's are on the digital talk groups. It would take quite a bit of typing to explain how to program the system. If you PM with your email address I can send you a 396 UASD file that should be helpful...not sure if it will work with 246UASD or not...but if it doesn't you can just download the FREE 396 software and at least look at it for assistance...it is the same programming principle. Good luck!!

scanjunkie

...and one other thing. You can monitor the digital fire stuff on some of the conventional repeater freqs and I believe they are still simulcasting on the old conventional freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.