WS1040: Program a WS1040. Will Pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmjohnson429

Hello,
We purchased a Whistler 1040 Trunking scanner. I found the user's manual online and 3 or 4 YouTube tutorials. My son and I aren't having much luck. We'd like local police, fire, EMS and a Naval Base nearby. I'd be willing to pay a fee to get some help programming it. Possibly via Zoom or Skype? Please let me know if you care interested. Thanks so much!
M. Johnson
Near Ft. Worth, Texas

Atomicdragon

Best thing to so is download either WIN500, ARC500, or PSREdit 500 (Though PSREdit wont download from my scanner. Make sure you have your USB data cable (should have came with the unit) plugged in from you radio to PC. Have someone send you a file or become a premium member of RadioReference and web import the data. Not sure how to help further.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
Get a software pagkage for that scanner that has a trial peroid and learn how to program it yourself, you will be better off ib the long run and learn how to operate it at the same time. That way you can make changes any time you want if you do it yourself and save money at the same time.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
You might also have better luck posting i9n your states forum. Someone there might already have what you want ready to go.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello,
We purchased a Whistler 1040 Trunking scanner. I found the user's manual online and 3 or 4 YouTube tutorials. My son and I aren't having much luck. We'd like local police, fire, EMS and a Naval Base nearby. I'd be willing to pay a fee to get some help programming it. Possibly via Zoom or Skype? Please let me know if you care interested. Thanks so much!
M. Johnson
Near Ft. Worth, Texas
M. Johnson,

I agree with the previous suggestions, that you get software for programming your scanner. While the software is not free, all three programs give you a 30 day free trial before you have to purchase a license. There are three programs, any of which can program your scanner. Try them & see which you like best.

I would suggest that you request your thread be moved to the Texas Forum. There, you'll be more likely to get the attention of someone in your area of Tarrant County. (I'm in Dallas County.) To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there.

If you install one of the software packages, then any number of people could share a programming file that you can load & get started. Long tem, it's in your best interest to learn how to program the scanner yourself. But a shared file can give you a good jump start to start scanning, as well as providing examples of how systems in the database are entered into the software.

rajames53

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
M. Johnson
Near Ft. Worth, Texas
The only police dept you can receive on the 1040 is Hurst PD and Fire, everyone else is now on the Ft worth system which is phase 2. The 1040 cannot receive phase 2 transmissions. If you are talking about Carswell JRB you will not be able to receive them from Hurst with the stock antenna, not sure if base station antenna will work either. A phase 1 scanner like the 1040 is pretty limited in Tarrant and Dallas Counties for PD, Fire and EMS.
R. James

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The only police dept you can receive on the 1040 is Hurst PD and Fire, everyone else is now on the Ft worth system which is phase 2. The 1040 cannot receive phase 2 transmissions. If you are talking about Carswell JRB you will not be able to receive them from Hurst with the stock antenna, not sure if base station antenna will work either. A phase 1 scanner like the 1040 is pretty limited in Tarrant and Dallas Counties for PD, Fire and EMS.
R. James
That's incorrect. While the Fort Worth system (FWRRS) is tagged as Phase II in the database, most of the Tarrant County agencies are in fact still P25 Phase I. While, at some future date, many, if not all will upgrade to Phase II, that's not the case at the moment. Fort Worth PD & Fire are Phase I (PD is mostly encrypted) as are the majority of the individual cites in Tarrant County, as well as Tarrant County itself. The Phase II cities currently on FWRRS are Arlington, Grand Prairie, and Irving. (Grand Prairie straddles the Dallas/Tarrant County border, and Irving is in northwest Dallas County.) Arlington PD & FD are both fully encrypted, as are the Irving & Grand Prairie PDs. The Johnson County cities, as well as the county itself, are Phase I. The two cities in Ellis County are Phase I, but both Ellis County & Waxahachie will be joining them, and their subsystem will convert to Phase II. (They are far out of range from Hurst, so that's a moot point.)

rajames53

Premium Subscriber
That's incorrect. While the Fort Worth system (FWRRS) is tagged as Phase II in the database, most of the Tarrant County agencies are in fact still P25 Phase I. While, at some future date, many, if not all will upgrade to Phase II, that's not the case at the moment. Fort Worth PD & Fire are Phase I (PD is mostly encrypted) as are the majority of the individual cites in Tarrant County, as well as Tarrant County itself. The Phase II cities currently on FWRRS are Arlington, Grand Prairie, and Irving. (Grand Prairie straddles the Dallas/Tarrant County border, and Irving is in northwest Dallas County.) Arlington PD & FD are both fully encrypted, as are the Irving & Grand Prairie PDs. The Johnson County cities, as well as the county itself, are Phase I. The two cities in Ellis County are Phase I, but both Ellis County & Waxahachie will be joining them, and their subsystem will convert to Phase II. (They are far out of range from Hurst, so that's a moot point.)
I stand corrected. I was relaying my experience and observations when I was home 2 yrs ago with my 1040.

Status
Not open for further replies.