Program Fav list and have active, but not scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkenny53

I uploaded my recent Fav lists, but I dont want them to scan when the scanner reboots, I tried to turn them off, but then they dont load into scanner on the upload. How can I program the scanner with Fav's ready to go with out having to turn each one off on the scanner after reboot?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I uploaded my recent Fav lists, but I dont want them to scan when the scanner reboots, I tried to turn them off, but then they dont load into scanner on the upload. How can I program the scanner with Fav's ready to go with out having to turn each one off on the scanner after reboot?

In the Sentinel "profile editor" screen, set your favorites lists for "monitor" = "off", and "download" = "on"

tkenny53

Well nothing changed, in fact that's how I had it set up. What I did find is doing it that way, my FL are not active so I cannot press say the 3 key and my FL 3 will scan. I have to go into the menu and go to system QK and turn them on there, then they show up in the FL quick key list. But now I I have to go in and turn each one off in the FL list. After that I can toggle them off and on by the keyboard. That is way too many things to do, there must be an easier way. I should be able to send my FL to the scanner with them turned off and then use the keypad to turn them on and off with out roving thru the menu system. I have one FL that will work correctly, the rest do not follow and they are set up the same.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You need to send them to the scanner turned on (MONITOR=ON). If you don't want them active, set their FLQK status in Sentinel to off. Then, use the FLQK to enable/disable them.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel go to the profile editor, make sure all of your favorite lists you want associated with this profile are set to monitor=on and download=on, go to the quick key status tab and check the favorites you want to scan when the scanner reboots and uncheck all other favorite lists. I only want FLQK 2 scanning when my scanner reboots so I right clicked in the quick key status tab, this gives me the option to check or uncheck all quick keys at once, I chose the option to uncheck all quick keys and then checked quick key 2. This also works on SQKs and DQKs when you edit your favorite lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.