Program for Macomb County MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpoterek

Hi - I am trying to hook my 81 year old Dad up with a Bearcat BCD996T. Does anyone have a program file they are willing to share for police and fire in Macomb County? Specifically Macomb/Shelby/Washington Twps Fire, Macomb Sheriff, nearby state police posts?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Hi - I am trying to hook my 81 year old Dad up with a Bearcat BCD996T. Does anyone have a program file they are willing to share for police and fire in Macomb County? Specifically Macomb/Shelby/Washington Twps Fire, Macomb Sheriff, nearby state police posts?

I might be able to help. What software is he/you using?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Program Data file sent to you in a PM (Conversation) message. You'll need to download and install FreeSCAN on your PC. I included the link for that in the PM.

Bill

dpoterek

For MP25 I've read that leaving all the simulcast frequencies can cause issues with talk cutting out. How do I know which ones to keep and which to leave. I know to leave the ones in blue and red but should I leave any others based on location to tower?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
For MP25 I've read that leaving all the simulcast frequencies can cause issues with talk cutting out. How do I know which ones to keep and which to leave. I know to leave the ones in blue and red but should I leave any others based on location to tower?
That's not going to help if your issue is Simulcast. With a simulcast site, for a given system, all of the towers used are broadcasting the same radio traffic, on the same frequency, at the same time. You can't leave out one or more frequencies for one site, because all the sites are identical. (The red and blue tagged forequencies are the control frequencies; the control channel, carried on one of them, directs the scanner to the voice channel carrying the conversation you are trying to hear.) The problem, as far as the scanner is concerned, is that all these signals (same conversation, on the same frequency, from all of them) arrive at your scanner at slightly different times, due to the varying distances to each one. While the time differential is minute, it is still enough to disrupt the way the scanner can receive & decode the system for you to hear it.

Simulcast issues can be extremely location specific. That's why you see some comments from users of a specific model insist that they have no problems hearing the simulcast system near them, while others in that area, using the sane scanner, hear only garbled transmissions, or in effect, nothing at all. If you were lucky enough to be at a location where terrain, or a cluster of buildings, or something else, blocks the conflicting signals from the various towers, then you may not have a problem. But someone else, in the same area, cannot successfully monitor the exact same system. It some cases, moving the scanner, with it's antenna, to a different location in the house can make a world of difference. One tactic that sometime helps is to use a directional antenna (like a yagi) aimed at one specific tower, focusing reception to only that site, and reducing the signals from others to the point that they no longer impact monitoring the system.

See this Wiki page for more on simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.