program help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
ok just got the WIN96 program going here for my 2096 and i have a couple questions...First the help file for this program does not work,and yes made sure i am up to date with the viewer for my computer (windows xp pro), i am trying to enter in bell fleet net zone 1 and where it asks to enter my spacing base freq,offset i get that,but on the software it says CH-lo and CH-HI what do i set these to currently software says 380 for Lo and 759-HI, beings i ahve to enter 3 of of the above (thats why i am using the software) do i set all 3 to this?? (380-LO and 759-HI) The control channel for this system is 142.5300,and as well entered the alternates...I really wish that the help file worked for this program so i don't have to bug on here :-(

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
1st, download should have three items in your Win96 folder
1. Win96.exe
2. WinxxCommon.dll
3. Win96Hlp.chm

To enter 3 tables click in Channels tab.
1. under MOT 3600 CC click the Multi table bullet which will ungray Extended tables button...click it.
2. Enter table data as follows:
Code:
ChLo ChHi Base Freq Offset Step
380   578   141.0150  380    15
579   631   157.7300  579    15
632   759   154.3200  632    15

Last edited:

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
yes i can launch the program no problem but if go to click the help button i just get a "page cnnt be displayed" sys to retype the address, i have tried opening the help file as well same thing...Yes i do have those 3 files, i know how to navigate to the multi tab bullet but when i open it need to know the CH-LO and CH-HI has a default of 380-759 do i just leave it at that?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
scratch that for the lo and hi it says 65535 for both lo and hi
65535 is the absolute last talkgroup ID for a P25 or Motorola trunking system and has nothing to do with setting extended trunking tables. What I listed in post # 3 is correct if database page is correct.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
ok inputted what u sd i didn't see the pic at first...Also with the 2096 u can have 2 seperate trunk systems in the same bank, as long as it is seperated with a conventional correct? Like for instance this is what i have done, entered public safety which is MOTII now i am entering the bellfleet zone 1 but seperated with 135.100 now i am entering the bellfleet zone? this will worik correct? i am sorry if i am asking alot of questions,trying to figure out this software....Dumb question here i will try to ask the best i can..Assuming that my scanner can have 2 trunk systems seperated by a conventional, when i go to program this 2nd system (fleetnet) i select the channel i want to program,choose 3600CC and multi tab bullet enter the info,now does that make the whole bank that system i am entering?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
ok inputted what u sd i didn't see the pic at first...Also with the 2096 u can have 2 seperate trunk systems in the same bank, as long as it is seperated with a conventional correct? Like for instance this is what i have done, entered public safety which is MOTII now i am entering the bellfleet zone 1 but seperated with 135.100 now i am entering the bellfleet zone? this will worik correct? i am sorry if i am asking alot of questions,trying to figure out this software....Dumb question here i will try to ask the best i can..Assuming that my scanner can have 2 trunk systems seperated by a conventional, when i go to program this 2nd system (fleetnet) i select the channel i want to program,choose 3600CC and multi tab bullet enter the info,now does that make the whole bank that system i am entering?
Do not program Tronoto Public Safety 800 in same bank with Bell Fleet Zone1 VHF system. The 800 systems bank does not require any custom tables and should be left set to default Normal.

You can however, program the control freqs of multi sites of Bell Fleet into the same bank and separating each sites controls with an unused FM frequency may help the scanner acquire another control when no activity is on the first acquired. 1300.0000 FM may be a better choice.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
ok ya just found that out wet to scan and i hear the control channel but its not doing anything all i hear is the contol channel and its not trunking so i'll enter in another bank..slowly getting the hang of this software

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Thanks very much for the help, shes all programmed up, had a couple questions but posted those in the correct state (michigan) as in regrads to the p-25

Status
Not open for further replies.