Program pro96...win500 like for my psr500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizwiz

a buddy has a pro96 that he needs help programming.

I have already done an impressive amount of programming onto my psr500 Via win500.

Is there any way to transfer it over to his pro96?

I see the software claims it can read from a pro96....

If the answer is no (to the question above the previous line), then what will be the simplest/cheapest software for him to use to program his pro96.

Thanks!

n5ims

You'll need the correct software for the Pro-96 (like PRO-96 Software - Win96 - Data Management Software for the RadioShack PRO-96 and PRO-2096 Digital Trunking Scanners) since Win500 isn't compatible. Win500 is able to read files written by Win-96 and Win-97 (or download directly from a '97 or '96 based scanner), but I don't believe it will work the other way around (having Win-97 read the Win-500 files).

You may be able to have both Win-500 and Win-96 open on the same PC and copy/paste entries from one to the other. With the 96 being bank driven and the 500 object driven, this may be simple or difficult. If you were a premium RR member, you could use Win-96 to grab the entries directly from RR using the Web Import function, but you would still need to reapply any customizations.

baayers

The PRO 96 is a simple scanner as it uses the old school way of doing things. I agree with the previous poster that it would be the easiest to just start from scratch and use the web import options.

Keep in mind that each bank is limited to 50 conventional channels. Each bank starts with CH00 so if you add an EDACS system make sure you start adding channels on CH01 of the bank you plan on using or the channel positions will be incorrect. Lastly if I remember correctly your limited to 150 TGID's per system regardless of type so if you need more than that you will have to create a second system on another bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.