Program state wide frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

04stx

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, I've got a quick question. I am wanting to program all of Kansas Highway Patrol on my digital scanner, yes, it is a digital scanner. lol. I found the Talk Group ID's on this website, but I haven't found the frequencies to input into the programming software. Any ideas?

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

See "Sites" at http://radioreference.com/?sid=4390&f=aid&fid=587. I don't know what scanner and software you have, but as an RR member the software should enable you to automate the loading of the scanner directly from the database. IMHO, manually programming these new scanners is akin to performing a root canal on myself. HTH.

04stx

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; UPC300-2.2 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

See "Sites" at RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference. I don't know what scanner and software you have, but as an RR member the software should enable you to automate the loading of the scanner directly from the database. IMHO, manually programming these new scanners is akin to performing a root canal on myself. HTH.

I use the ARC software, but I am very OCD. I'd rather program it a certain way, I just need to know what frequencies to input into the software.

w2xq

Mentor

I can understand you wanting to program it a certain way, but perhaps my approach may suggest an easier way. I assume your ARC program reads and writes CSV files. (I use ARC500.)

Load the scanner with the RR database, save. Then read the scanner, save the file (new file name), and export to a CSV file.

Use a spreadsheet ( I use LibreOffice, whatever you have ) to import the CSV file. Without changing column headers, edit/sort/change the data as you wish.

Import the edited CSV file into ARC, save. Reload the scanner.

Repeat/re-edit as required/desired.

I find this method is the easiest way to make bulk changes. YMMV. HTH.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.