Kenwood: Program TM-V71A for cross band ARISS Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb4aej

I am trying to program my TM-V71A with the cross band split for the ARISS repeater.
I am following the instructions in the manual but I cannot make it work.

The transmit [uplink] frequency is 437.80 Mhz.
The receive [downlink] frequencie is 145.80 Mhz.

No PL tone or offset is required.

I want to program it into a memory channel so I can call it up quickly when the ISS is passing over.

Can anyone tell me the correct way to do this since the instructions in the manual do not work for me?

Fred, WB4AEJ

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I typically just program each one as a separate memory and pull them up on each side, but your request had me search and learn something new.

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/kenwood-d710-how-do-you-program-odd-splits.549288/
Go down to about the fifth post by N1EN
-----------------------

Extended manual, pages Memory-1 and Memory-2.

Highlights are:
1. Go to VFO mode, set up the RX frequency as if it were simplex, press [M.IN] and store it in your desired memory location.
2. Go back to VFO mode, set up the TX frequency as if it were simplex, and press [PTT] and [M.IN] and store it in the same memory location.

Here's the link to the PDF of that manual. It is on page 12.
http://manual.kenwood.com/files/4dd5d065321eb.pdf

Last edited:

wb4aej

TM-V71A Manual

The TM-V71A manual I am looking at says MR instead of M.IN. Those instructions are on page 33.
I looked at the drawwing of the frint panel cover on page 19.
If I am reading it right, M.IN is applied by htting the Function (F) key and the MR key.
I will try it when I go out to my car today. Will let you know how it turns out.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
The TM-V71A manual I am looking at says MR instead of M.IN. Those instructions are on page 33.
I looked at the drawwing of the frint panel cover on page 19.
If I am reading it right, M.IN is applied by htting the Function (F) key and the MR key.
I will try it when I go out to my car today. Will let you know how it turns out.
I neglected to link the 71A manual and provided the D710 instead. You are probably correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.