• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programing 1 frequency LTR system

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin390

I live in Ulster County in New York State. We have two LTR systems that have only one frequency in them. I know that you have to put LTR and ED trunk systems in LCN order. But here is my question, if there is only one frequency, could you get around this and put both systems in one bank and still have it trunk the LTR systems? Thanks for your help..........Ray

jerk

I live in Ulster County in New York State. We have two LTR systems that have only one frequency in them. I know that you have to put LTR and ED trunk systems in LCN order. But here is my question, if there is only one frequency, could you get around this and put both systems in one bank and still have it trunk the LTR systems? Thanks for your help..........Ray

Yes... however depends on the scanner. and the LCN position or logical channel number.
I have two separate systems in one bank, (system) one is UHF and one is 800 MHz and it works fine. one is LCN one and the other is LCN four
That is the Pro-2055/Pro-164
And I did the same with my BCD396 and they both work,
but I don't monitor them often enough to see if it works well. I've not noticed a problem.

But both scanners work.

JGP

I forgot to say that they are both UHF LTR systems........Ray

The LTR systems can be VHF or UHF or 800. The systems must not use the same LCN order, or it will not work. You can use all twenty LCN slots if you want for twenty one- frequency systems. It will work in GRE 500/600, Uniden 396/996, and bank scanners. You just can't have two or more frequencies using the same LCN order.

captclint

Mentor
If there really is only one channel for each system(rather unusual). then you can program them as conventional and put them anywhere. You would miss the TGID alpha display, so this is just another suggestion in case you don't know the LCN. I suspect there are other channels, so if you seem to be missing parts of converstations, start looking for the missing channels.

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
the only other issue would be identical talkgroup IDs. If there were duplicated TG IDs, they would be recognized as only 1 TG.

chris

kevin390

it's really one frequency for each LTR system ---------

1- Town of Crawford-CH-01-453.8125-----T/G---0-01-111

2- Town of Shawangunk-CH-01-453.7375----T/G--0-01-110

If you don't program them in LTR mode, they will scan but you get this clicking like sound which will drive you nuts after a while. I use my pro-2055 and pro-97 most of the time......Ray

tennesseefreq

Have you tried the other frequencies listed on the licenses to see if they may be LTR also?

WQCP435 - CRAWFORD, TOWN OF

WNKR311 - SHAWANGUNK, TOWN OF

kevin390

I have tried 453.3625 and 453.5375 never head a thing for Crawford and for Shawangunk 460.025 was their frequency when they had a conventional set up. Then like Crawford switched to a ED trunking system for a few years and had to many problems with it, so they went to a LTR set up....Ray

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Ltrdump indicates that Shawangunk is a two channel system with LCN's 1 and 3. The traffic level is probably low enough that LCN 3 almost never activates. Crawford is not receivable here.

Since Crawford and Shawangunk both use LCN 1, there is no way to put both systems in the same bank if you want LTR tracking (with the radios mentioned in this thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.