Programing a BCD396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Darn good question - I'd likely try it first as a type 1 800 standard system. You didn't say whether you were programming by hand, or with software, but either should give you the option of entering the fleetmap as supplied.

However, before you go doing that - I had heard that Moto was encouraging all it's hybrid users to move to standard type 2 systems. Before you go trying to get this system working, a post to the Texas forum, or perhaps to the DFWScan Yahoo group at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dfwscan/

might bring some results. Most of the major software players can accept UASD data files as input, and that might be a bit easier then having to enter all of that by hand. Of course, don't ignore getting a premium subscription and using free software like BcTool or FreeScan to help, either.

Maybe you'll be fortunate enough to find that the db is a bit out of date, and they have since moved to Type 2....73 Mike

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Actually, I thought that the hybrid systems were programmed as a type II. I recall doing that (not with a 396 admittedly) on some older hybrid systems with earlier Uniden trunking scanners.

cpuerror

Hyrbid systems still need an LCN to work, and with Type II the scanner won't let you enter one. So it needs to be type I.

slicerwizard

Hyrbid systems still need an LCN to work, and with Type II the scanner won't let you enter one. So it needs to be type I.
LCN? Needs to be type I? None of that looks right.

The OP has a 396, so:

Menu
Program System
New System
MOT
800MHz Standard
Confirm - yes

Edit Sys Option
Edit Fleet Map
Custom
select size code 8 for Block 0, size code 10 for Block 1, etc.

When done, press Menu to get to Set Frequencies and carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.