• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programing Baofeng with Chirp

Status
Not open for further replies.

LACoFDSquad51

Hi,
I need some help setting up some programing using Chirp. I have a Baofeng UV-82L. I am part of several public safety agencies and we are looking to some new radios that we can program on the fly when we are in an area that we are not normally. We have all the licenses needed. We are currently using Motorola and iCom radios. I understand some general programing using Chirp for GMRS/FRS, but I need more in depth programing. An example of what I need to program is below. Any help would be great!

TX frequency: 465.55000
TX Squelch: TPL,2Z,110.9
RX frequency: 460.55000
RX Squelch: TPL,5Z,151.4
Channel bandwidth 25

This is an example of a current setup that we have in a Motorola UHF radio and I would like to program it into the Baofeng and do some testing to compare.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks!

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
it is easy. if i put the info i believe on here then everyone is LA County that has one could program it and interfere. I am not sure that is what the founders wanted. I will wait for feedback....

Hi,
I need some help setting up some programing using Chirp. I have a Baofeng UV-82L. I am part of several public safety agencies and we are looking to some new radios that we can program on the fly when we are in an area that we are not normally. We have all the licenses needed. We are currently using Motorola and iCom radios. I understand some general programing using Chirp for GMRS/FRS, but I need more in depth programing. An example of what I need to program is below. Any help would be great!

TX frequency: 465.55000
TX Squelch: TPL,2Z,110.9
RX frequency: 460.55000
RX Squelch: TPL,5Z,151.4
Channel bandwidth 25

This is an example of a current setup that we have in a Motorola UHF radio and I would like to program it into the Baofeng and do some testing to compare.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks!

LACoFDSquad51

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. However even the fact that you know how to program the radio and now have the frequencies and pl tones, what would stop you from programing your radio and interfering with "LA County"? I came to this forum for help from a knowledgeable audience, not to get taunted and lectured. As I stated before we have all the necessary licenses and permissions to use the frequencies that we already have programed in our other radios. We have suffered huge budget cuts and we need to still be able to help those in need, but with newer equipment. If us purchasing and being able to program these radios in house, it will save us thousands then having to go with Motorola or iCom. I would appreciate your help. I am able to do some programing, but I need a little help with the pl tones. Thanks.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I believe awasser1 was attempting to keep the programming information from getting into the wrong hands. I don't think it was meant to be a lecture. As cheap as those Baofeng and other Chinese radios that can be legally programmed to the public safety bands are and how easily ANYONE can get one, I believe it was his intent to make it more difficult for them to be programmed to interfere with public safety functions. If awasser1 posted exactly how to program those particular public safety channels into your radio, then anyone who had the same radio, same software, could program that same frequency into their radio and interfere with public safety functions. It would be very difficult to try and communicate with other firefighters/rescue workers/medics/police or sheriff's deputies during an actual emergency if some nitwit or criminal was interfering with the radios by keying up and tying up the frequencies since they had the exact programming information. Or, what if a terrorist group or group of criminals basically disabled the radio system by using the information awasser1 or anyone else posted on this free & open forum. Then RR could be shut down or face other sanctions.

And as far as awasser1 interfering, I believe that any responsible, law-abiding member of RR would never intentionally or knowingly interfere with public safety.

Now with all that being said, all of your questions are answered in the documentation of the programming software.

JCNHB

You don't need chirp. You can use the software that comes with the programing cable. There is a whole spread sheet. You might need a few attempts and trial and error but you will be able to program the BF HT.

There are many online manuals provided by private parties that detail the programing process. You should he able to find all you need in there.

you'll need to be able to manually program it for your purposes anyway. The manuals will show you how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.