Programing Fire Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonCinMN

I'm here in the Metro area and want to make sure I'm setting up tones correctly.

Example, New Brighton Fire. I put in the old Frequency? (154.220), Then set the tones A and B?

I did that and it didn't work. I'm not sure if I have the frequency right.

Also, if I'm doing normal scanning should I hear the tones? Or is it only if I have it in SB mode?

Is the procedure the same for other local departments? Any other programming info would be helpful too.

Thanks,

Jon

I have a Uniden 396XT and use FreeScan.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Start your whole question over... Why are you setting up tones? What is SB mode?

JonCinMN

I'm not sure how to set up fire tones for the Twin City area. I figure I would be alerted if there is a call in my city. I thought I read that the only way to hear the tones is if it is in (fire tone) Stand By?

I'm not sure yet what the tones do?

Thanks.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I'm assuming you're using one of the Uniden scanners? If thats the case you have to have it in fire tone out mode. If its scanning it wont alert you if there are tones. The tone out feature works more like a pager. When you put it in that mode it sits on standby until it hears the tones and then it opens the squelch so you can hear the page.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Do you hear them sending out pager tones on that frequency in regular scanning mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.