• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PROGRAMING MOTOROLA MTS2000 UHF

WP4GT

HI THERE:
I AM PROGRAMMING A UHF MOTOROLA MTS2000 HANDIE TALKIE AND ONE REPEATER CHANNEL USES A DPL 246 TONE,
THEN I CLICK TO SELECT IT IN THE LIST OF THE DPL TONES THERE IS NO 246 DPL TONE.
I TRIED TO DELETE THE VALE IN THE DPL BOX AND WRITE IT MANUALLY BUT IT STAYS BLUE AND DON'T ERASE.
IN ANOTHER FORUMS SOMEONE SAYS THE INVERTED TONE FOR THE 246N IS THE 523 INVERTED, BUT IT DOESN,T HAVE THE 523 NEITHER.
DOES ANYBODY KNOWS ANY TWEAK OR HOW TO DO IT ????
HELP IS APPRECIATED

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 9

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Motorola radios typically only allow the original “standard” DPL codes as those are the ones they rigorously tested to minimize false decodes.

Some old Motorolas did allow for non standard PL codes. This is from my Bearcom rose bowl tech report.

---------------
FRI 12.31.04 - 0800 - 1830

Arrived at LA office to get equipment boxes, found non standard PLs had been used for repeater
freqs on 2 channels and duplicate PLs on 2 freqs only 75 kHz apart.

All but one repeaters were GR-300s, those will not do 12.5kHz channel spacing.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I wish I hadn't lost the notes I made on this. I once took the time to use the service monitor and a radio and programmed up every possible DPL code and checked every one of them for every other DPL code it might alias to. This gave me the ability to look at the chart I made and tell you what standard DPL code and what non-standard DPL code would work with each other.

There were some that have as many as four aliases, and others, none.

Stop shouting. Find the caps lock key and press it once to turn caps lock OFF.

a417

U+0000
I wish I hadn't lost the notes I made on this. I once took the time to use the service monitor and a radio and programmed up every possible DPL code and checked every one of them for every other DPL code it might alias to. This gave me the ability to look at the chart I made and tell you what standard DPL code and what non-standard DPL code would work with each other.

There were some that have as many as four aliases, and others, none.

Stop shouting. Find the caps lock key and press it once to turn caps lock OFF.
These aren't your notes (...unless they...are?) , but this is from the wayback of blenderman's site (which is now held by a .ru). Lotsa good DPL/DCS loving in here.

To the OP, you will see the 246 codes are in all red - if you read why...you'll see what that means.

Back in my early Bearcom days ESPN had Kenwoods that did not have some of the same "standard" tones Motorola did, I had to avoid that one since we used both in the repeater system.

Nice chart, always assumed there was just one EIA standard.