Programing multiple towers into a pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

wackywaves

Hi. I have the main simulcast site programmed into my 106, with perfect reception. I was looking to add the other towers for when I travel, and I don't know how to go about doing that.

Do I have to reprogram them in other banks? Is the able to tell what site's signals are the strongest, and select them automatically? Or does it have to be manually changed by me as I drive, and how would I go about doing that?

Could someone explain for me!? Thanks

jrholm

On the same system you can set it up for roam and it will lock on the strongest tower. It's all programed as one talk system. That's just basic info to be more exact we would have to know which system you are monitoring.

wackywaves

thanks for a quick response. I am monitoring Dauphin County's p25, in Harrisburg, pa (Dauphin County).

Can any ne provide step by step instructions?

Thanks

jrholm

The absolute best and easiest way would be to become a premium subscriber here at radioreference and to get one of the programs like Winn500 or such. Programming the scanner via your computer will be a whole lot easier.

However if you insist, the first thing you need to do is create a TalkSystem. Press pgm then the softkey under new. Then the soft key under TGRP. Arrow down one to TSYS, it should say new (if not scroll until it does). Press sel. At Type right arrow until you see P25 Auto. If you want to name the system arrow down to tag and put in whatever you want to call the system. Down arrow to frequencies and input all the red frequencies you see listed in the database here under Dauphin County PUblic Safety. Once you have that entered scroll down past where it says expert settings. Go to multi site and toggle it to roam. AFter that it's just a matter of adding the actual talkgroups. I noticed several are encrypted. Those are tagged with an E in the database and you don't want to add those.

wackywaves

Thanks. It worked perfectly. Another question if you dont mind..
How do I go about programing in a neighboring county's digital system. Can you scan between both systems at one time or individully at will?

Thanks again for your previous answer !

Status
Not open for further replies.