Programing My PSR-600

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
I have the PSR-600 radio,I live In Indpls.IN. they are digital now,i need step by step programing instructions can someone help,i much appreciate the help

hoser147

As Highpockets stated the software is the way to go, and one other thing a premium subscription to Radio Reference and youll have that baby up and going in short order................Hoser

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
ok,i will subscribe to both RR and buy the win500 software,I'm a newbie and this stuff is alot more technical than the earlier scanners,Thanks

Is there a vehicle in these forums for users to post zip files containing complete programs for a given area? That way if someone was really intimidated by programming, they could just download the file and upload to the scanner, and have something that would work.

I am thinking of a region-specific area where people could upload their own home brew programs for their particular area.

I think many people, especially newbies would be happy to just "get things up and running", then tinker with that program, making it uniquely their own, as time passed, and they learned more about their specific needs.

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
I have the tools i need,RR data base and win500 can someone email or im using yahoo or aol aim Jwoody062 so i can get the program started,sry about all the questions but this is the best site to use when dealing with technical radios

Highpockets

I have the tools i need,RR data base and win500 can someone email or im using yahoo or aol aim Jwoody062 so i can get the program started,sry about all the questions but this is the best site to use when dealing with technical radios

First things first:

Install driver for cable that came with scanner
Use device manager in computer to see com port assigned cable
Install software - set com port assigned to cable in software
Top left corner of software file menu, web import, Radioreference, tpye of system to import, follow directions from rr to import to software what you want.
Add, delete or whatever you want once system in software, save it.
Upload from software to scanner, whatever freq or systems you received from RR.
Then you can start asking questions.

jwoody062

Premium Subscriber
ok,im lost with the comport check the extra write box? wheres it located? and i havnt download the DSP and CPU yet,i thought i read somewhere that one has to be done before the other?

Highpockets

ok,im lost with the comport check the extra write box? wheres it located? and i havnt download the DSP and CPU yet,i thought i read somewhere that one has to be done before the other?

If I remember correctly, the CPU upgrade goes first, then DSP. If you want to try what I said, where you set the comport in win500, there is a box extra write time, check it and try upload again, if it doesn't work, follow what Mike said, like I said he knows more than me.

Highpockets

Your guestion on "Garble Distortion" from the other thread, your all over the place. :(

Is this the system you programed in? If so,

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5737

1. Look at he Misc system Information = Multisite OFF - Supertrack YES, these can be changed in the software, save, upload to scanner. Also see article in wiki section.

2. How do you receive the system, a weak signal can cause problems, you may need a better antenna if this is the problem.

3. Does the problem happen on all talk groups, or a few, if a few, although the database just says digital, some talk groups may be encrypted, Garble sound. If that's the case, no scanner will receive encrypted signals, lock those groups out.

4. If none of the above apply, then maybe there are some settings that can be changed. That's where I'm no help, I haven't had to fool with any of mine.

5. If I posted the wrong link, I'm way out of line, 2&3 may still apply though if it's a different system. (Digital)

Good luck!

Last edited:

bill44

software not that easy

if you know how to use a computer its ok,if you dont its a pain ,i have been trying to download the file for 3 mouths no luck,programed independence mo p25 in 3 min by hand
bill

mikey60

Steve i see a dsp and cpu, does it matter which one i do and in what order should i download?

IIRC, it's suggested that you upgrade the CPU first, followed by the DSP update. It probably won't hurt anything if you do them in reverse order though.

Current Release Versions are:

CPU: U1.4
DSP: U1.3

Once you upgrade the firmware, the upload issue you've been having will go away.

Mike

cbro298

Programming

How long should i expect it to take to program the 600? I would say that my computer knowledge is about a 6 out of a ten.I have heard that it could take quite a long time to program the 600

Status
Not open for further replies.