programing new P25 system in 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yep some of us don't like change. I resisted it in the late 80s but eventually for your own survival, you have to go with the flow.

Same with the cars, I always had two cars, a brand new one and my 1989 Toyota Corolla, original owner. Just sold it last year with only a hundred forty thousand miles on it. Very simple oh, it was like driving a golf cart LOL.

Your disease is somewhat progressive but why not pick up a cheap second-hand laptop and program your own radio. I think you could do it!

I hate to admit this but we do have a laptop, but no hard drive. I am sorry 😞 for not telling the whole truth and I ask for forgiveness. I did program a wildcard using step by step instructions posted by cmjonesinc but I am not picking anything up. It has always worked in the past but not this time. I have noticed on the top line there is a G but no T. Could that be a problem ? When programming a wildcard or a normal p25 system.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The"G" is no problem unless you turn on the "ATT" but not having the"T" means your NOT receiving the control channel cause of operator error or your too far away from the system your trying to scan..

There are 5 sites in Jefferson Parish, the one I am trying to program is the bridge city site on the Westbank. From where I am near the south shore of Lake Pontchartrain it is about 7 miles to this site. I have used these same steps before but this time no T.

I cleared everything out and reprogrammed a wildcard using the four freqs from the bridge city site. There is a G, no T and the signal meter shows 5 bars. I have initialized several times since yesterday. Any ideas.

Swipesy

Just for fun I downloaded the system you are trying to monitor into my WS1080 then exported it into PSREdit for my PSR-500 (Same as your Pro-106). The graphic below is how your scanner should look for the system. Key points -System Type should be P-25 Auto. Mode should be NFM. Multi-Site Mode should be Stat. Then you can use your Wildcard for your TalkGroup and assign it to a Scan List. If it doesn't work you may not be able to hear the tower you have chosen.

Attachments

• Lou.jpg
    Lou.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 24
Thank you very much. Like I said before I have tried the easier to read book, the wiki and what others have posted plus I have tried on my own but nothing seems to work. The problem with a wildcard is most LE is encrypted. I am talking about all 5 sites in Jefferson Parish.

Swipesy

You said in your post #68 that you are trying 1 site - Bridge, now you are saying all 5 sites. Try my setup for only the Bridge site and a Wildcard. If it works then you can program other sites if you wish and program only non encrypted sites. If you make sure your settings for the Bridge site are set as I showed you in the Bold settings it should work. If not it will be a matter of finding I site your scanner can hear. One step at a time.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
You said in your post #68 that you are trying 1 site - Bridge, now you are saying all 5 sites. Try my setup for only the Bridge site and a Wildcard. If it works then you can program other sites if you wish and program only non encrypted sites. If you make sure your settings for the Bridge site are set as I showed you in the Bold settings it should work. If not it will be a matter of finding I site your scanner can hear. One step at a time.
Way to go John!

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
As long as you use a wildcard everything on the system you will more than likely hear even the encrypted stuff unlee the scanner has auto mute for encryption.

Swipesy

The game plan here is to get him to hear anything whether it be encryption or in the clear. Once we get him to hear something we can deal with what it is he hears. To keep throwing out more details to the OP just adds to the confusion.

I will do this. My 106 was programmed by somebody early last year. It worked fine until recently so I must have done something to mess it up. That why this post is 4 pages long and why I am asking for help.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Hang in there... Swipesy will put it on his watch list, don't worry about how many pages on RadioReference you take up LOL.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
i hate to ask but here goes anyway, what is the scanners squelch set at, 2 or 3 i hope, if not set it to one of those settings and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.