Programing order in the Pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyb1217

I have been reading the various posts regarding programing trunked systems into the Pro-97 but have not been able to find an answer to my question. Sorry in advance if I have overlooked the answer in a different post.

I am attempting to program an EDACS group and the database lists 2 different sites with different frequencies. (See the Alameda County, City of Oakland page) I already know to program them in order, but if there are two sites listed should I program the Broadway site followed by the Seneca site or should I program them in order of frequency and mix up the two sites? I am getting random stopping on the different talk groups.

I am using Win97 to program this and have everything switched to EDACS (all of the channels and the main EDACS switch at the top and am using the decimal number for the talk groups.)

Thanks for any help that you may be able to provide!

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Since it is a EDACS system, the frequencies have to be programed in LCN order number with one site in one bank and the other site in a different bank. Each LCN has to be in the correct channel LCN 01 in channerl 1, LCN002 in channel 2, .....

radiodavid77

Programing MOT IDs

Ive read everything i can find about programing MOT IDs into my scanner and it still doesnt make any sense. They all talk in a way i cant comprehend.:confused: I have the list of IDs, but how do i know which frequency to put it on? So far, when it scans, it shows me what the ID is but not who the ID is. All i want to see when i hear ppl talking is who is talking, hospitals, police, whoever. I know the IDs will give me that info if i can just figure out how to get this done. Its very frustrating. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.:lol:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Ive read everything i can find about programing MOT IDs into my scanner and it still doesnt make any sense. They all talk in a way i cant comprehend.:confused: I have the list of IDs, but how do i know which frequency to put it on? So far, when it scans, it shows me what the ID is but not who the ID is. All i want to see when i hear ppl talking is who is talking, hospitals, police, whoever. I know the IDs will give me that info if i can just figure out how to get this done. Its very frustrating. Please point me in the right direction.
Hello Dave. Welcome to RadioReference.com. You are local to me. Please note that in the future you should start your own thread on a topic, and not "hijack" someone else's.

When it comes to programming a trunked radio system, it is done differently than our old "conventional" channels. The scanner needs to know the control channel frequencies and that's all. I have Sacramento county programmed in one bank of my scanners, and Sacramento city in another bank. Each bank only needs the 4 control channel frequencies.

Note that the control channel frequencies in our area must be set to MOT mode. Also, if using a GRE scanner (as with most others), the bank must also be set to MOT. Then you program the TG IDs you want in each bank. Set the bank to closed so you'll only hear those TG IDs. If you listen in MANUAL mode, you'll still hear "everything". Trunk tracking, as it is called, only works in Scan mode.

Go to the Wiki section here on RR and read about trunking. Look up the scanner you have and you'll find a lot more information there. Feel free to PM or email me and I'll help you with questions unique to our area

Status
Not open for further replies.