BCD396XT/BCD996XT: Programing P25 Frequency with a NAC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc5rhb

I have looked up and down the net, in manuals, in the forums, and I can't seem to find my answer.

I was wanting to know how do you program a single (non-trunk), "conventional" style P25 frequency and add a NAC to it?

I read something about entering the frequency in a conventional system and set the audio to "digital only", but there are some state frequencies I listen to that have the same frequencies but different NAC's.

Im new to the Uniden P25 setup, Ive have moistly dealt with GRE P25 scanners.

Software Im using is FreeScan. If there is a manual way to go in and add a NAC to a P25 conventional frequency then I can do that.

Thanks.

BITT211

I am programing the same scanner 1st time , have system 1 , mixed analog / apco 25 digital , conventional , using scancat program , i would like to enter nac tones manual , or will this search on auto the nac tones

teufler

not sure about scan cat, Freescan, will. I woulfd have to load Scan Cat again. Initially I was using Scatcat but most on RR used Freescan , Proscan, or Butel. So switched over.

teufler

ok you can use scan cat to load a frequency then go into the radio ands manually edit the frequency. Yiou can set audio type, digital only, set p25 NAC, input p25 nac. LoaDED SCANCAT, I dopn't even see where you can change mod to digital and see no input for a NAC code. This fall it will be 2 years with Freescan and the opther porograms and I now see why I weas told Scan Cat is "lacking big time" I do see an advantage with scan cat, if you arfe converting from one scanner to another, perhaps. I would say download Freescan and move on.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You can do this in FreeScan, and it's discussed in the user guide...but to summarize;

a. Make sure the Simple View (upper left) is not checked
b. Make the audio type digital
c Type in the hex value in the NAC column WITHOUT the word 'NAC' or X - in other words, if the value is shown as NAC 1F8 in the database, simply put 1F8. I believe that FS will default the audio type to digital if you supply a NAC, but I'm not sure of this. If not, it's an easy fix.

It was done this way because there are too many possible combinations to make a pulldown for it (I asked Assaf this some time ago).

This only works with the 396XT, 996XT and presumably the 325P2 and 996P2 (it's not mentioned in the Uniden TWiki for these scanners, strangely enough). None of the other Unidens support NAC decode.

Mike

[edit] One other thing to watch for - be CAREFUL about capitals and lower case, as they have totally different values in hex. So if the database says 1F8, don't enter 1f8 - it won't work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.