Programing problem with BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer69

Feed Provider
I can not get the radio to program using the butel software. I plug in the USB cable and the radio says USB Mass Storage and after that it will not detect the software. I know its not the program because I have a second radio that has no problem. Am I missing a setting on the radio itself. I dont know

caldwest

I have the same problem. A couple of days ago I was able to get the Butel virtual control software to work by changing the baud rate to 128,000. I thought things were fine until a few minutes ago when I tried to download from the scanner. I got the same message that you did saying that the scanner can't be detected.

Sam

caldwest

engineer 69,

I just fixed my problem. described above

I did not realize that two drivers are required: one for the serial port and one for mass storage. I just loaded the mass storage driver and the program is working as advertised. Do you have both drivers installed?

Sam

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
engineer 69,

I just fixed my problem. described above

I did not realize that two drivers are required: one for the serial port and one for mass storage. I just loaded the mass storage driver and the program is working as advertised. Do you have both drivers installed?

Sam

There are no mass storage drivers provided by Uniden, nor are there any needed, to use either of the x36 scanners in Mass Storage mode.

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...0094-436-usb-cable-connectng.html#post2181392

Your computer should recognize the scanner on it's own, as it would any other mass storage device.

caldwest

fxdscon,

When I tried to use the mass storage, I would received a "Code 10" error.

I could not get mass storage to work until I clicked on the Uniden port under devices (it had a yellow triangle to flag the problem). I selected update drivers, select from the computer, and was given a screen to select either serial port or mass storage. I selected mass storage and the driver loaded on its own. Now mass storage and virtual control are both working for me for the first time.

I just checked the driver update again and all that is there now is Uniden Serial Port.

Whatever hoops my computer had to jump through, the above worked for me.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.