Programing Talk Group IDS for Uniden Bearcat BCD996t

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFR85

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I have the Manual to enter in the TGIDS but every time I enter it in it says BAD TGID. I have the manual and i'm struggling and I need some help. I don’t have the wire to it I lost it so doing it by computer is no longer an option unless I pay $30 for it plus the software.

I live in Nashua NH and they are on digital I can give you the website for the TGIDS I need someone to walk me through it step by step for me. I'm usually on aim: Soxplaya85 or e-mail me @ Bryan1285@comcast.net with your AOL Screen name and you can help me.

Thank You

captclint

Mentor
I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I have the Manual to enter in the TGIDS but every time I enter it in it says BAD TGID.
Welcome to RR. You may find Marks Easier to Use 996 manual and Programming TGID's easier to understand.

I believe this is the system to which you are referring: Nashua Trunking System Assuming you have created a system, and a site with the frequencies in red (control channels), you also need to create a group into which you trying to enter the TGID's. You should be entering the DEC TGID's shown on here: Nashua Trunking System Can you tell us 1 or 2 examples of the TGID's you are trying enter?
PS. You should never list your email or AIM ID's anywhere on the web, as you will get spammed.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hi NFR - do you see the blue text in Capt's message? They are links to an online manual. Anything that's blue on this site is a link.

I would also read the first 3 topics of our DMA FAQ - this will explain the relationship between systems, sites and groups, which is very important for programming these DMA-based scanners;

Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

best regards...Mike

NFR85

I did, but I'm very new at this, I thing the best thing to do is to get the cable & software and have it done that way.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
FreeScan is freeware; it also records. It's a good way to get started; later on you can move to ProScan and you've lost nothing.

The user guide for FreeScan is here. The USB-1 will work fine, but there are other off the shelf solutions that work just as well. See the Connecting Scanners via USB article for a list of some examples (no doubt there are more), and some notes on using Device Manager when you install the drivers.

Regardless of what software you use, take the time to learn about how systems, sites and groups work together. Don't take shortcuts; they simply won't work. If you learn it yourself, you will be able to make changes when you want to (and you will want to at some point). No matter what software you use, you will need to understand these concepts.

Best regards Mike

captclint

Mentor
I did all that and it says Out of Band. Press any key
This seems to indicate you are trying to enter TGID's into a Conventional system frequency table, and not a TGID table. You need to be sure you have created a digital APCO-25 trunking system, and site in order to enter TGID's. Try starting from scratch per Mark's page, and be sure to set up a trunking system and site before you can enter TGID's. or just wait til you get the cable and software. It will make these things much more clear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.