Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_aappliance

Premium Subscriber
I have a 300 scanner that when I use the butel software it keeps changing the talk group id numbers 3 to 5 digits.....I think it's some thing simple....can anybody help me on this.......and if I put them in manually it does the same thing.......

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What is a '300' scanner? Please supply the correct make/model number, and let's see which BuTel package you are using. Knowing both folks can give you a correct answer...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
BuTel doesn't support the PRO-93, but it does support the object oriented scanners, and I'll make a WAG here and say that I think you need to enable FlexStep to get the frequency to be accepted correctly....Mike

t_aappliance

Premium Subscriber
No when I use radio reference to program it it shows the correct talk group but when u go into the scanner and look or manuley put the number in it is off Ex 7205 the scanner has 7200

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Ah my bad, I thought he was talking about the frequencies, not talkgroups....It would also help greatly if we knew what system you were monitoring. Mike

tvengr

Well Known Member
It's impossible to help if we don't know your scanner model number and the software you are using. Also, what system you are trying to monitor. It sounds like he has an old scanner that most likely will do only Motorola Type 2 systems. 7205 would not be a valid TGID. 7200=16X450. ID+5 (7205) is the status bit for emergency multi-group.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Grantsville is in Calhoun Co WV. He is trying to enter the TGID for Calhoun Co EMS on the West Virginia SIRN P25 Phase 1 system. The TGID is 7205. I think that explains the problem. Looks like he needs a new scanner if the one he has does not do P25. t_aappliance, please give us your scanner model number so we can give you an answer.

Last edited:

N8IAA

sorry it took so long to get back to you all been working....it is a radio shack pro 163 scanner.

Not going to work. Period. You're trying to put a Phase I digital trunking system into an old analog trunk tracking scanner. SIRN can only be decoded by a scanner that can decode that mode.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.