Programmer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nmar390

New here and new help. Hope everyone's day or night is going great. It's nice a little smokey here in Flagstaff, AZ.
Here's the problem: The company I work started using Motorola RDU2020 radios again for the building, but I want to use my personal HT1250 since I don't trust people to not spit on my radio while talking. It's programmed to the frequencies I want, just need to change the first two channels. Problem is no one knows the frequencies for the RDU2020s (I think they were changed). We no longer have a radio guy. Normally I have no problem sending it to someone out of state, but it needs to be rushed since I'll have to take a company radio to figure out the frequencies. I don't care if I have to drive 100 miles, just as long as I don't have to leave the company radio. Is there anyone or a business in or around Flagstaff, AZ that can figure out the frequencies of the RDU2020 and then program my HT1250? Thanks everyone!

737mech

Premium Subscriber
You can figure it out

Step one remain calm.

Step two go to this website and search out your company's radio license. FCC Universal Licensing System (ULS): ULS Home

Step Three click on the freqs tab. All the info you need is there.

Step four figure out how to program your radio.

Flagstaff hosts Ham radio events all the time, go to one and find a local guy that has the CPS software for a HT1250.

Good Luck. :)

Last edited:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Or, just get some alcohol wipes from the drug store, the kind used before giving injections. They are cheap, 100 of them for a few bucks.
If you are concerned about bodily fluids on your radio, just occasionally wipe it down. It won't hurt the radio, paramedics do it all the time.

Also, keep in mind that the FCC rules are very clear on who can and cannot add radios to a system. Only the licensee can legally make or authorize changes to the system, that includes adding your own personal radio to their system. Even as an employee you are not automatically granted authority to do that, the licensee is the only one who can authorize it.

Nmar390

Corporate already approved, both US corporate and HQ corporate in France. They don't care. They are paying and don't care if a PO is required by a company.
Alcohol wipes don't change anything for me. Not OCD just a quirk lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.