Programming 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteyates

Premium Subscriber
I updated my computer to win 10. And I have a couple of scanners using the same program cable with no problem except my 536 . I can not get it to read the computer. I believe I have tried all option and now I am stumped. I have both Sentinal and proper arc program. Neither works. Thank you

GeekNJ

First guess is the virtual com port is different after the update.

And when you say you can't get it to read the computer, you mean that after Sentinel is launched, you can't read from the scanner?

Ubbe

Do you get the scanner recognised as a USB storage device in Win10, after you select mass storage mode?
Try another USB port.

/Ubbe

peteyates

Premium Subscriber
I updated my computer to win 10. And I have a couple of scanners using the same program cable with no problem except my 536 . I can not get it to read the computer. I believe I have tried all option and now I am stumped. I have both Sentinal and proper arc program. Neither works. Thank you
I’m sorry. I meant I can’t get the computer to read the 536 scanner. It reads all of my 996P2 and 396 portable

peteyates

Premium Subscriber
First guess is the virtual com port is different after the update.

And when you say you can't get it to read the computer, you mean that after Sentinel is launched, you can't read from the scanner?
Yes. I miss spoke. Using the arc program I can do loading and downliading On my 396 portables and 996P2 using the same programming cable. Just not the 536.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I miss spoke. Using the arc program I can do loading and downliading On my 396 portables and 996P2 using the same programming cable. Just not the 536.

That's the problem. Your 536 is a whole new creature with respect to reading and writing, much different than the x96 scanners. Use the cable that came with your 536 and plug it into the port below the Eyes button. The 536, when in the programming or mass storage mode, pretty much becomes an external storage device similar to an external hard drive.

(I'm really scratching my head on this one. . . The port on the 396 is completely different than the port on the 536. Kinda like trying to put a square peg in a rectangular hole).

Ubbe

Isn't 396 and 996 using a special Uniden RS-232 serial cable and those scanners have no USB functionality? You can use a cable that has USB to the computer and then there's an electronic device in the cable that converts to RS232 serial in the other end to the scanner. The 536 uses a standard USB cable, in both ends, and the scanner acts as a USB harddrive or USB stick.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.