ProScan: Programming 996p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
Can I have the sites in one quick key and have all the TGs in another or do I need to have them in the same system in order to hear the TGs. Just trying to be able to turn on/off sites so I can scan a little quicker and when I'm not in the area of the site I can turn it off via a quick key.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
If you're using it mobile, add a GPS. I did with mine. Fiddled with the range settings a bit to get it to work the way I wanted (Boone Co is tall, but not wide) and it works great..

phask

Premium Subscriber
They have to be in the same system. You can assign qk to sites. Have one that I can receive 3 sites when at home- qk on which 1 , or all.

Can I have the sites in one quick key and have all the TGs in another or do I need to have them in the same system in order to hear the TGs. Just trying to be able to turn on/off sites so I can scan a little quicker and when I'm not in the area of the site I can turn it off via a quick key.

nick223

Feed Provider
New to GPS location base scanning how does it work with a 996p2 ( ive read the sites) Do i add the entire starcom system and enable GPS on all the sites and they will turn on and off when i get in the selected range? I am using proscan and RR database import feature so all the long and lates with the miles are set.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Add the ones in the area(s) you wi'll be traveling. Add a distance from the tower site you want it to be active, or leave it default.

On mine I have Boone county set to 30 miles (the main site) and added all the surrounding counties sites at 15 miles.. now when I'm on the west side of the county it scans Boone and Rockford. On the east Boone and McHenry. And south is Boone and Dekalb.. as I don't have any sites north, I'm kinda hosed, but that's why I have the others set the way they are. I'm always using at least 2 sites.

nick223

Feed Provider
So i live in Ottawa and travel to Bolingbrook alot and the surrounding suburbs. So your saving add only the sites and Tg's in that area? Do you leave id search on or leave it on Scan since Tgs are already added?

Add the ones in the area(s) you wi'll be traveling. Add a distance from the tower site you want it to be active, or leave it default.

On mine I have Boone county set to 30 miles (the main site) and added all the surrounding counties sites at 15 miles.. now when I'm on the west side of the county it scans Boone and Rockford. On the east Boone and McHenry. And south is Boone and Dekalb.. as I don't have any sites north, I'm kinda hosed, but that's why I have the others set the way they are. I'm always using at least 2 sites.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Only the ones in the area of the site you want to listen to. Leaving it in search will hear everything from the current site. I think this has been said before, but for your county, you'll only hear their talk groups a county away.

Status
Not open for further replies.