Programming a 2025 for LTR Systems..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Just program them exactly as shown in the DB, in different banks , also make sure BANK & each frequency is programmed as LTR. NOT familiar with model 2025 are you sure it will trunk LTR? . Only model I am familiar with that you have lsted is the Pro 87 & it will trunk LTR

btritch

Ok, I've made a mistake, When I initially looked at the scanner when I entered my signature I stated 2025, In reality, It's not a 2025, It's a 2051.. So what I need is how to program LTR channels into the 2025.. Here's the manual.. I didn't understand it, It was over my head, LOL
http://support.radioshack.com/manuals/ome20-426.pdf
Thanks again and sorry about that.

EDIT: I'm changing it in my signature right now..

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just so you are aware - if you are looking to use it to log and record as the trunk is scanned, looking for the public safety stuff that seems to be appearing on the system (per the DB notes) forget it. None of the RS scanners - the 2051 included - can log and record in real time. Your PSR500, on the other hand, can.

It shouldn't be all that hard to program - like EDACS, there's a Logical Channel Number (LCN) for each frequency. You must use that LCN to program. However I also see that the LCN needs to be validated. Again, your PSR500 is probably a better tool for this purpose

73 Mike

btritch

I figured out how to program it, It's like you say, Not really that hard...I finally caught on by just messing with it...

I did know the PSR 500 along with my RS Pro 97 will show the ID...

I did NOT know that the RS 2051 would not until I got it programmed..
I just want it programmed right so that it doesn't go click, click, click, click, click, every 10 seconds... lol it gets a little annoying... ha ha, That's for that info, It was helpful, LOL

Thanks Again...

Status
Not open for further replies.