Programming a multi-site P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

SABER3

Saber3
Premium Subscriber
Suffolk County NY is migrating to a P-25 system. There are 3 sites. Im using pro-scan. I have them all on one quick key. Do you put a delay on each site, if so, how long. P-25 wait time. Its set to 400 m/sec. i have a lousy antenna setup right now, but will changing that help with the decoding? Im running a BC 396XT.

TY in advance

tvengr

Well Known Member
I would put each site on its own quick key so you can easily determine which site or sites gives you the best coverage at your location. Each site should have a hold time of 0. The standard P25 wait time of 400 msec should be OK. The standard delay is 2 seconds. To minimize the effects of garbled audio due to simulcast distortion, the digital AGC should be set to Off. If you have adequate signal strength, turning on the attenuator may reduce the number of simulcast towers you receive and improve the control channel decoding. Be aware that the system is Phase 2 capable. The talkgroups are presently operating as Phase 1 (Mode D). If any talkgroup has a Mode of T (TDMA), that is phase 2 which your scanner cannot receive.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
So far only the 800 mhz. site is active. The 700Mhz. site has the control channel active, but no talkgroups have come up yet as far as I have heard. I hear nothing on any of the 1st Precinct site frequencies.
I'm surprised you are able to hear it with a 396XT. I had to get the SDS100 to reliably hear any simulcast system. I have two 396XT's running 24/7 for many, many years now. Great radios.

900mhz

and that 800 Mhz simulcast has some pretty decent coverage. I pick it up mobile well inland in CT...into Cheshire, Meriden, and a lot of other places you would not expect to hear it. The Unication G4 does a superb job on this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.