BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Programming a new system

markinnh03451

Hello,

I hope this is appropriate in this forum.

I use pro scan. I want to enter a new system for my trbo sites. In databases view in proscan each time I use add, new system, it gets added as a sub for the system already in the scanner and where the highlighted system is in the software.

Am I missing something on how to do this?

Best

Mark

BC_Scan

Is the Quick key assigned to the new system right beside the name you assign find a seperate quick key you want to put it on that way in scan mode you can toggle on off if you require

markinnh03451

BC_Scan,

Ah, that may be the problem...Do I need to assign a quick key first for it to appear in the DB? *fizzle* How do I assign a new quick key...oh hell I read the manuals I sure your reply helped me get more focused on the issue.

Thank you.

Best
Mark

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I hope this is appropriate in this forum.

I use pro scan. I want to enter a new system for my trbo sites. In databases view in proscan each time I use add, new system, it gets added as a sub for the system already in the scanner and where the highlighted system is in the software.

Am I missing something on how to do this?

Best

Mark
Since you already have the same system/s in the scanner as the one you are programming. It may be best to download from the scanner to ProScan first so everything is in sync. Then make your modifications then reupload. When downloading, use the download option "Delete All Systems Before Getting" When uploading, use the upload option "Delete All Systems Before Sending"

Do I need to assign a quick key first for it to appear in the DB?
Negative. The systems will appear regardless if Quick Keys are assigned.

markinnh03451

Hi ProScan,

Thats the issue. I do not have the System in the scanner at the correct location. I even programmed it from the scanner and in showed up as a sub of the last entry in the data base, but i realised I did it from inside proscan (controlling the scanner from the laptop).

Maybe im just being anal or somehow stuck in the old banks and channels scanning I did for years, but I want this to show up as system 9 in addition to the 8 already in the scanner. I thought I had accomplished this and downloaded from the scanner to proscan and it showed as a subsys in system 8....I dunno....im reading...lol

best
mark

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi ProScan,

Thats the issue. I do not have the System in the scanner at the correct location. I even programmed it from the scanner and in showed up as a sub of the last entry in the data base, but i realised I did it from inside proscan (controlling the scanner from the laptop).

Maybe im just being anal or somehow stuck in the old banks and channels scanning I did for years, but I want this to show up as system 9 in addition to the 8 already in the scanner. I thought I had accomplished this and downloaded from the scanner to proscan and it showed as a subsys in system 8....I dunno....im reading...lol

best
mark
If you want the order of systems to be a certain way, then download from the scanner first. If you already have systems in the ProScan database then choose the download option "Add Only" After they all appear in ProScan, use your mouse to drag the system nodes (and not the group or channel) nodes to the correct order then upload with the option "Delete All Systems Before Sending"

I'm not sure what you mean by "sub" and "subsys"? Creating another system will not put the new system in an existing system. Is "system 9" and "system 8" the names of the systems?

markinnh03451

ProScan,

Thanks for your reply.
I guess Im not being clear in my descriptions of my issue.
1662138201465.png
I dont care abouth the un numbered system called NHSP MOT, that was a test to try to get the weaker signals to decode, witch was solved thanks to folks online by taking p25 threshold off auto. But want to add a properly numbered system called One Voice TRBO...I dont care about numbering order per se but would like to be able to shut off this system if im not working with it...

Best
Mark

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan,

Thanks for your reply.
I guess Im not being clear in my descriptions of my issue.
View attachment 127042
I dont care abouth the un numbered system called NHSP MOT, that was a test to try to get the weaker signals to decode, witch was solved thanks to folks online by taking p25 threshold off auto. But want to add a properly numbered system called One Voice TRBO...I dont care about numbering order per se but would like to be able to shut off this system if im not working with it...

Best
Mark
I see now. On the One Voice TRBO system, add a site then add trunking frequencies to that site. Also add a group then add TGIDs to that group. I see you're a Premium Subscriber so it may be easier to import from the radioreference db then doing it manually. Before uploading, click the site node then on the right side, look for the site Quick Key drop down box. Choose a SQK number. The BCD996P2 along with all the other DMA types, the System Quick Keys can not be assigned at the system level on trunking systems, just at the site level.

markinnh03451

ProScan,

I am sure my newbi knuckleheadedness is showing *blushing*

This is how the collapsed database tree looks like now...

1662142660193.png
I want to add a One Voice TRBO (to be S-9) under S-8.

Maybe this is impossible because the system I want to add is trunked? Or?
Its very like me to over complicate things.
Thanks so much for your patience and understanding.

Best
Mark

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan,

I am sure my newbi knuckleheadedness is showing *blushing*

This is how the collapsed database tree looks like now...

View attachment 127044
I want to add a One Voice TRBO (to be S-9) under S-8.

Maybe this is impossible because the system I want to add is trunked? Or?
Its very like me to over complicate things.
Thanks so much for your patience and understanding.

Best
Mark
Not impossible at all. In matter of fact, that is perfectly normal in how you want the SQk's to be arranged. Go to the Database menu then click on the RadioReference Web menu and when the RR Import screen appears, sign in and see if you can find the system you want to import.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
cant log in says im invalid or wrong credentials frustrated enough with computing today...

be well

best
Mark
Mark,

The credentials you use to log in to database imports in ProScan are the same user name and password you use to log into the forums here. I’ve seen comments in the past where people were trying to use the email address used during the purchase of the software license.

If you are copying and pasting into the login page, be sure that 1. You are using the correct id & password & 2 that you make sure that there is not a extra space or blank in either of the login fields.

markinnh03451

Steve,

Thanks, maybe thats the issue. I use my email addy to login at RR both for DB inquiries and forum posting. I will try to use my username.

Best

Mark