• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming A NX-200 question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwilds

Hello all, This is my first time programming a digital capable radio. I can not find where or how to add channels to a scan list, Second is how do I program the home channel. Feeling pretty stupid here. Any help would be great.
Thanks.

racingfan360

You can select what you do or don't scan, but there isn't a choice of scanlists as you suggest AFAIK: it only has one scanlist.

Select a Zone.
Add the channel details such as example below
Under the Channel Edit button for each channel entry tick or untick each individual channel to be in or out of the scanlist - that's via the Scan Add checkbox: by default it is added.
As needs be, repeat this process for different channels in another Zone etc (eg you might have a Zone for analogue and one for Digital)

You can add/remove Zones from the scanlist: Zone Edit > Zone Add checkbox. By default each zone is added to the scanlist.

Press whatever key you have configured as Scan to start scanning. It will scan all enabled Zones and all Channels in each zone are enabled.

If you want to dynamically alter what is and isn't scanned, I suggest reassigning some keys or the settings in the menu to quickly add/remove a channel from the scanlist, and do the same for a zone.

1602529844387.png

Home channel is just as the Help menu says:
Home Channel Edit > Zone Information (Conventional Group) > Zone Edit and select Hone Channel from the drop down menu. Default is None.

Attachments

• 1602529154882.png
    1602529154882.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 6

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
You can make a scan list if you wish. Going to Scan Information you can select List under Scan Type. Then moving to Zone Edit you can select Scan List and by clicking on Table then scan zones can be enabled. You would need to set channels as mentioned above. There is a list scan for each zone so multiples are possible.

Now I agree with jhampton2000 that using single zone or multi zone scan is much easier for the user to manipulate on the fly and is usually how I set radios. List scan is mostly used to hard write scan and keep users from diddling with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.