Programming a pro 106 via a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Hello all

I just recently bought the orange programming cable for my 106. After installing the driver and everything, I noticed when I try to upload or download data, it comes back with a "time out" error. I'm using Win500 software. I don't know if the scanner needs to be in a certain mode to "program" or not.

It works perfectly on my Pro 96 with Win96 software. As soon as the cable is plugged in it is ready to go.
No special functions or changes needed.

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. All help is appreciated.

Chad

hoser147

Go to the Starsoft page and make sure that you have downloaded all the accessory drivers that are listed below the software, offhand I believe there are 2 on there depending on the computer system you are running.

RadioDaze

I think that the little 3-inch adapter cable is supposed to be used when programming the Pro-96, but REMOVED when hooking up to the Pro-106. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read this on the forums at some point. I have a 96, and I use the short adapter cable when I program.

hoser147

I think that the little 3-inch adapter cable is supposed to be used when programming the Pro-96, but REMOVED when hooking up to the Pro-106. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read this on the forums at some point. I have a 96, and I use the short adapter cable when I program.

Good suggestion.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber

Ok I appreciate the info. I'll try it without the adapter extension and see what happens.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
The information given you was correct to program 106 or 197 you must have the MONO adapter off the cable!!!

Rick

Ok Thank you very much Rick. I figured I was not doing something right. I'll try that in just a few minutes and see what happens.

Chad

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
The information given you was correct to program 106 or 197 you must have the MONO adapter off the cable!!!

Rick

Well that seemed to have solved the program! I could not find anything about programming with a cable and computer in the owners manual at all. It's working great now.

Thanks guys for all the help and all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.