Programming a Pro97 with bell fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Can someone help me out? I'm having a hell of a time finding the steps to properly program a Pro97 with the Bell Fleetnet shown below

http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=861

The manual shows nothing to help and the easier to read online one also is confusing. I see the post in this board on how to program the Pro96, but when he gets to

"- Press FUNC 3, then use the UP or DOWN buttons to set the 3600 CC Mode to TABLE, followed by ENTER"

that function key does nothing on my pro97.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I read somewhere that you have to enter the frequencies for Fleetnet starting with channel 1 instead of 0 for the Pro97, I did a quick search for Pro97 Fleetent and see lots of people are using them for Fleetnet so it can be done.

SCPD

QRT
ve3nsv said:
I read somewhere that you have to enter the frequencies for Fleetnet starting with channel 1 instead of 0 for the Pro97, I did a quick search for Pro97 Fleetent and see lots of people are using them for Fleetnet so it can be done.

thanks i'll try that.

SCPD

QRT
i'm beginning to see that. it's worked off and on since i got the scanner. doesn't work at all now for some reason though. I was picking them up for Windsor for the last few months with no problem though. Just don't understand why it went dead all of a sudden. I'm trying to find a Uniden BC246T now for a decent price since I'm done with the frustrations with this Pro97. Great scanner, just not for fleetnet.

EFD118 said:
Hi photodreamer, Hi Terry I was having a problem programing the base freq on pro 2055 which is sim to your 97. It is because in US the spacing is 12.50 khz and here it is 5. This can not be changed on pro 2055 and 97.
See thread www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40218

The MOH system works but not very well.

EFD118

Forgot to add that I could only get it to work in the closed mode, where I entered the tag numbers that I wanted to hear. When it is in open or search mode I got nothing.
The 246 is a good scanner, had one for a while.
Cheers Bob..

SCPD

QRT
ok will try that now. i started the CC's in 1 not 0 but got nothing, but i was scanning in open mode with no tgids in. so i'll put in the tgids now and cross my fingers. I had a BC246T before too, and a BR330 pictured in my icon. Going to call Scanners Unlimited on Monday to see what the total cost would be to ship to Ontario Canada. Ordered my BR330 from them and they seem to have the best prices around.

EFD118 said:
Forgot to add that I could only get it to work in the closed mode, where I entered the tag numbers that I wanted to hear. When it is in open or search mode I got nothing.
Cheers Bob..

SCPD

QRT
Finally got it working. seems that i had the squelch all the way down, so it was locking on some of the CC's, not scanning. Soon as I turned up the squelch a bit, it began to scan and hit the proper TGIDs. Sigh.. so all it was all along was improper squelch setting. Grr..

EFD118 said:
Cheers Bob..

Status
Not open for further replies.