Programming a Radioshack pro-652

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlaurent

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to program my radioshack pro-652 using the Win500 software. I have already bought a license. When I try to use the win500.exe I get this FTDI driver error. Now when I use win500_com.exe and try to download whats already on the scanner now, it puts the scanner in the cloning mode but then win500 gives me this error about timing out. Can anyone help with with programming my scanner.

Attachments

• Capture1234.PNG
    Capture1234.PNG
    66.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Capture098.PNG
    Capture098.PNG
    18.1 KB · Views: 19

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Note that the clone message on the scanner displays once a cable is plugged into its PC/IF jack. The USB end of the cable can go to space. The key to making this work is installing the correct driver for the cable (and having the correct cable). As stated, you don't need the pigtail. With the USB cable plugged in to the PC and recognized in Device Manager, WIN500 should now also find it.

stlaurent

Premium Subscriber
Here is the cable I am using I have tried charging the drivers but the computer doesn't like to change them because it says it already has the best one for it.

Attachments

• Capture00.PNG
    Capture00.PNG
    45.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture0987.PNG
    Capture0987.PNG
    307.7 KB · Views: 20

u2brent

OAMPT
The latest greatest driver that windows finds is not always the one needed. Take a close look at the error message from your 1st post. You may need to wrangle your pc into submission..
Mine is working with this version.
Check the driver tab. Without knowing the version you have installed, you may need to remove/uninstall it and perhaps a fresh download/install of the driver is needed.. IDK
You can find the download in the above link if necessary.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have run into a situation before where there are several drivers loaded. What I had to do is uninstall drivers and reboot until no drivers were found for the device. Then install only the one it wants.

Bugspro

I am trying to program my radioshack pro-652 using the Win500 software. I have already bought a license. When I try to use the win500.exe I get this FTDI driver error. Now when I use win500_com.exe and try to download whats already on the scanner now, it puts the scanner in the cloning mode but then win500 gives me this error about timing out. Can anyone help with with programming my scanner.
I have the same probleme then you with my pro 197 and Win500. I use a Usb cable AE-Creative(see pic). This cable work only on my Grecom Psr 400. I can't update the scanner software too!. In fact this cable only work wit PSREdit300 and PSR400. Also I setup the port com to 115200 bits per seconde and the Grecom fully response. 9600 bits is to slow and doesn't work for me. I just order this one for my pro197 from Whistler Group. I tell you more when i get my new Whitlers cable. Good luck. :)

Attachments

• Cable pro 197.jpg
    Cable pro 197.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 2
  • PC Interface Cable for WS1040-WS1065.jpg
    PC Interface Cable for WS1040-WS1065.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 3

Bugspro

Here is the cable I am using I have tried charging the drivers but the computer doesn't like to change them because it says it already has the best one for it.
Like I said this cable doesn't work. I have the same they you...maybe i a scam or something wrong with this cable! :(

PriorMike

I had the same problem using a Whistler brand cable. Couldn't get it to work no matter what I did.

The fix I found after searching on here was interesting; in the Win500 directory there is another executable file that will open Win500. I can't remember the name of it; I'll check later this evening and post it. Using that file to run the program worked.

Bugspro

Make sure your cable is compatible with the version of Windows you're using.
Hello, i buy keys for butel arc500. I have a RS Pro-197 with a Whistler cable. I config in port 7 115200,8,n,1. When I try to read the scanner,Arc500 do nothing! I Try Psredit500 and this soft run #1! Any idea? Thks

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Hello, i buy keys for butel arc500. I have a RS Pro-197 with a Whistler cable. I config in port 7 115200,8,n,1. When I try to read the scanner,Arc500 do nothing! I Try Psredit500 and this soft run #1! Any idea? Thks
As long as Psredit500 will recognize the cable, ARC500 should as well. While I don't use ARC500, I'd double-check your port configuration settings to ensure the software will communicate with the scanner. There may be some hint of what you must do within the release notes for the latest ARC500 program.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
BTW, the Mods generally frown on your double-posting the same question in multiple threads. (PRO197)

Bugspro

BTW, the Mods generally frown on your double-posting the same question in multiple threads. (PRO197)
Sorry for that.. Win500 and psredit500 work #1. But nothing to do with butel...i check alls configs...they send read command,the scanner 1% to 100% but the bar graph stay off. I'm tired to play with this soft. I will used win500 and psredit instead. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.