Programming a RS Scanner for CMARC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamtime

Question from an old man who is not up on current radio technology, sorry if it's been covered before. My Radio Shack scanner stopped getting the Harford County, Maryland trunked system recently. I just reprogrammed it to the new CMARC system using Win500 and the Radio Reference database. Now I still get nothing and the scanner says: "Nothing Enabled" . I have enabled everything I know, but still nothing. Can anyone give me some hints?

marksmith

You have numbers flashing on the screen for the various scanlists? I'm guessing not if it says nothing enabled. If you press 1,2,3 etc does it start scanning something? Presuming you have something set up under these lists?

Knowing what scanner would help but this message suggests you have not enabled any scanlists or "banks" on the scanner.

You had to assign a scanlists number when you set up CMARC. That's the number you need to press while in scan mode.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
Question from an old man who is not up on current radio technology, sorry if it's been covered before. My Radio Shack scanner stopped getting the Harford County, Maryland trunked system recently. I just reprogrammed it to the new CMARC system using Win500 and the Radio Reference database. Now I still get nothing and the scanner says: "Nothing Enabled" . I have enabled everything I know, but still nothing. Can anyone give me some hints?

You are not alone, people have been running into Radio Shack wondering if they are going to have to buy new scanners.

I told the managers to refer them to this site for help ( as it is where I got help ).

The managers were at a loss, but I told them about CMARC.

Wish I could help you out but the only scanners I have here at the moment are the PRO-668's.

Status
Not open for further replies.