Programming a temp freq to listen to quick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
This sounds dumb maybe but is there a way to listen to a regular am radio frequency? Never really had the need but I wanted to listen to the brewer game today and only had my bcd436 with me

n5ims

This sounds dumb maybe but is there a way to listen to a regular am radio frequency? Never really had the need but I wanted to listen to the brewer game today and only had my bcd436 with me

No, not directly since scanners generally don't go that low in frequency. One trick that may work (and eliminate that annoying delay that most broadcasts have now days due to "HD Radio") is simply scan around the bands to see if you can pick up either the station broadcasting the game's IFB channel (the station's signal complete with queues and information back to the broadcasters) or the remote broadcast feed to the station. Often, they're around 460 MHz, but it could be anywhere depending on where the station's license put it (29 MHz, VHF-Hi, UHF, or 700 MHz) to cover the path(s) they need.

Now, they could be broadcasting over a phone line or even the internet, which would eliminate this option. Also, this trick generally would only work for games being played locally since most away games would be out of range of a radio solution and broadcast using phone/internet links.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I don't think it will do reguarl AM radio stations. If the game was on FM, you could tune it on.

There's a chart on page 80 of the manual that shows the default band coverage.

They also show some TV audio too, but if they are digital the scanner won't decode them.

You might check into the IheartRadio app if you have an iPhone. There are many radio stations streaming their broadcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.