Programming a Trunked system on a Uniden BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos12135

I believe this is the correct area to post this at, sorry if it isn't.

So I have a Uniden scanner that I was thinking of programming a trunked system to. I don't have too much familiarity working with trunked systems, and I'm not really asking for help to program it either, I have questions regarding System Keys and such.
At first I read this thread here: Do you want to monitor a Trunked system with a Moto? Read This! because I originally was going to program my XTS 5000 for this but found legal and other issues deterring me from that, so I've gone to that idea of programming my scanner. So now the question is at hand, would/do I need a system key to be able to listen only on a trunked system? If the trunked system that I want to listen is on question, it would be this one: East Bay Regional Communications System (EBRCS) Trunking System, Multiple, California - Scanner Frequencies

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
and if the system is encrypted...and a quick check shows some talk groups are...you won’t be able to monitor it.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Only the actual encrypted transmissions. You'll still be able to hear anything sent in the clear, even if some encryption is used.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have questions regarding System Keys and such.
You are probably referring to system quick keys and group quick keys. In trunked systems, system quick keys can be assigned to each site. You can toggle the site on and off by pressing the corresponding system quick key number on the keypad. You have 100 (0-99) system quick keys available on the 996P2. For system quick keys with 2 digits (10 and higher), press the .No button first. You have 10 group quick keys available for each system (conventional or trunked). You can create groups of talkgroups such as Alameda Fire, Alameda EMS, and Alameda Sheriff and assign a group quick key to each group. To toggle a group on and off, while scanning a single system, press the Function knob and then the group quick key number. The system and group quick key status are the bottom 2 lines on the scanner display.

Status
Not open for further replies.