Programming a Uniden BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

25or6to4

Premium Subscriber
1 Do you understand trunking systems and programming by hand?
2 If the answer above is no the a Premium Subscription and software would be your best option.
3 What is the State City and System you are wanting to monitor.
I'm in the same boat as stbehr24 I don't understand trunking systems and have no idea how to do it by hand . I don't have Windows and all the programming seems to be done in that format. Do you know of anybody in my area , Delaware, who could do the downloading for me? I live in Kent County. Thanks.

tvengr

Well Known Member
It is very time consuming trying to program a scanner without software. You have to enter alpha tags character by character by rotating the scroll knob. Just for your info, except for Wilmington, all of the sites need to be entered using a custom 800 MHz rebanded bandplan. If you are entering only a limited number of talkgroups, it can be done manually To save you some time, it is only necessary to enter the red control channel and blue alternate frequencies on each site. It's great to know how to enter frequencies on the fly if you don't have access to a computer. I have entered entire systems manually, and I wish I hadn't. Software is so much easier.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Another plus to using software is that if you download the data from the database, the required rebanding tables will also be loaded. You don't have to figure them out....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.