• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivage

Premium Subscriber
Hi

Im hoping there someone reading this thread who could help me safely program my Motorola XTS 5000 Model 3 700 / 800Mhz P25 9600 handheld.

The frequencies I need to load into the radio to receive are all on this list: Click Here

I want to use the radio to RX only my regional wireless cooperative system used by public safety agencies. The system type is Project P25 Phase II / APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive. :

I have the Motorola CPS Astro P25 programming software and understand it. Ive just never programmed a 700/800Mhz P25 radio before and want to ensure I do it properly without any ability to transmit on any of the P25 Talkgroups.

What I need to know is:

1. How/where do I enter the system frequencies (primary control and secondary control Chanels) for each of the 17 sites in my region?

2. How/where do I enter the talkgroup DEC, HEX, and mode for each channel?
3. How to I inhibit the radio from transmitting on any of the frequencies Im monitoring only?

Thank you so much.

Brian

vivage

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply. I read that prior post and understand the problem I have may be that I have a Motorola and not something else. What other options are available for commercial radios instead of using a scanner? ICOM? Kenwood? Would these permi me to safely monitor the p25 frequencies I want to?

Thank you

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
From a Government Employee Stance I do not understand the buying of a several thousand dollar radio when I could have 4 to 8 good scanners that do the same job and hear 4 to 8 different things at the same time? Unless you want to look like a Police Officer like that has been in the news.

vivage

Premium Subscriber
In response to your reply:

I want to use a Motorola because the public safety agency I work for uses Motorola mobile and handhelds that are on non P25 UHF frequencies and I would like to monitor other agencies we aren’t tied into. I thought Motorola was the best so that’s why I was going to use an ex service radio I got from the fleet garage. Didn’t know it would affend you asking how to program it.

Either way based on my recent research I just ordered a Unication G5 which has P25 capability so consider this forum post moot and closed.

MEDIC135

Premium Subscriber
Here’s something everyone keeps missing besides the fact that if you don’t know how to do it, you probably shouldn’t do it
You can’t monitor that system with a 5K
5K’s can only monitor a P1 system not P2

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
From a Government Employee Stance I do not understand the buying of a several thousand dollar radio when I could have 4 to 8 good scanners that do the same job and hear 4 to 8 different things at the same time? Unless you want to look like a Police Officer like that has been in the news.

You can buy 7/800MHz XTS5000’s for under $200 all day long.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
The Unication G4 and G5 pagers are the way to go if you do not want a Uniden scanner. They are not designed to affiliate or transmit in any way. They act much like a scanner and pose no danger to emergency responders using these systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.