Programming All Control Channels for WYOLINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

WYDOR

Premium Subscriber
Greetings All,

I have a PSR-800 and a PRO-197.

I'm wondering how you have your scanner TSYS set up for WYOLINK.

I downloaded all primary and alternate control channels which, in the PRO-197, results in 4 TSYS to accommodate the limited 32 channel per TSYS. I numbered them WYOLINK 1,2,3,4 and noticed that it takes awhile to scan each TSYS. Wouldn't this result in missed conversations? Can I just have the control channels in one TSYS for the area I am in and lock out the other TSYS until needed?

How about the PSR-800? Currently, all control channels are programmed and active. Is there a way, if needed, to created seperate TSYS so I can lock out those that are not needed for the area I am in?

Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

rickak

Are you travelling alot? There is really no reason otherwise to program in all the control channels is there?

The scanner will take considerable time going through and scanning all those channels, during which you'll miss activity.

Assuming you are stationary, I would determine which sites come in best at your location, and just program those (or lock out the others).

As for the 800, yes you can easily copy systems in the supplied software, then lock out the sites that you cannot receive.

Rick

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
The 800 will only worry about the strongest CC at any given time. E.g., move away from strongest CC and approach next strongest will cause a shift.

Best bet with the GRE-500 family is to set the 32 unique controls by region of travel.

WYDOR

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I originally had the PRO-197 programmed with the county that I am in. I decided to program all cc's as I will once and a while. Having read the manual again, it appears that I can lock out the other TSYS (there are 4 total) and then unlock as needed for the area I am traveling in. I.E. WYOLINK 1 will contain the TSYS channels for Laramie and Albany counties and WYOLINK 2,3,4 will contain the other 21 counties by region.

Am I on the right track?

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
i 80

I travel all the way across wyoming every week and was think of bying the uniden BCD396XT or the psr 800 or the psr 500. of these radio which of thease radio would be the easy to program. and it is all on i80 from one end
to the other i would like to listen to the wyolink systems and all was woundering on the best way to program the sites in the radio for i 80 any help would be appericated or sugestion

Status
Not open for further replies.