Programming an EDACS system into a PSR-600

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

When programming an EDACS system that uses multiple towers into a PSR 600 are all of the towers programmed under one TSYS? If so, what if one of the towers has a "blank" LCN ie:

1. 858.XXXX
2. 859.XXXX
3. 0.000000
4. 860.XXXX

would you leave that one ChXX blank while you are programming?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator:

usswood

When programming an EDACS system that uses multiple towers into a PSR 600 are all of the towers programmed under one TSYS? If so, what if one of the towers has a "blank" LCN ie:

1. 858.XXXX
2. 859.XXXX
3. 0.000000
4. 860.XXXX

would you leave that one ChXX blank while you are programming?

Thanks for your help

correct...Merry Christmas

sc800

Okay, so just to confirm, all towers under one system.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

sc8

eyes00only

I've never seen blank LCN. I'm pretty sure Denver has many towers and there are no blanks. What system are you trying to monitor? I'm getting ready to leave the house, but will try to look at your system.

JK

eyes00only

Looks like there's only one odd blank LCN. I would do them each as a seperate system but in the same V-Folder. If the site with the blank is missing talkgroups or parts of transmissions, somethings wrong. I've got to run, but is this info from the database here on Radio Reference? I'll check back around 2200 hours.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

JK

JoeyC

The link you provided shows 4 separate sites (02, 03, 04, 07) that you MUST program as separate TSYS

In order to download to ARC500 you have to use Radioreference as the source of the info, unless you are using that webcatcher stuff, which I haven't used before.

Highpockets

sc800

Okay, thanks for the help everyone. I was able to get it figured out.

Now I also have the LID(radio) numbers of the radios on that system and would like to program them in, it says to program each LID number as a separate TGID under private. However the manual says that is only for private calls. How do you get the scanner to display those LID numbers on regular calls as well? Can that even be done?

eyes00only

Show radio id's for group calls in the extended settings will do that for you. I'm still learning too and this seems to work better while scanning as opposed to being paused on a talkgroup. For example, if you just scan maybe EMS & FIRE only you may get better results. I think somewhere in the instructions it says something about what the scanner can't do while it's parked on a talkgroup.

JK

PS / Win500 is awesome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.