Programming an old Pro-92t

Status
Not open for further replies.

olemanfire

I have the usb/serial interface cable and win 92 v. 46 software. When attempting to download the info from the scanner, which was all manually entered, the software can't find the scanner. It says it's looking for 01 98 03 52, but there is no reply. When the usb/serial cable is plugged into the scanner, it goes into "clone mode". The screen says to press up to send and 1 to proceed. It sends the data and says completed but there is nothing in the software. The com is set to 1 and all the boxes in the configuration are checked. Has anyone else run into this with the pro-92?:confused:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Try changing the com port. Since you are using USB then I doubt that com1 is going to work.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
As Dwayne stated, USB is not likely going to be Com 1. Open Device Manager and click the plus next to Ports (COM & LPT), the assigned USB Serial Port will be listed.

robbinsj2

olemanfire said:
...When the usb/serial cable is plugged into the scanner, it goes into "clone mode". The screen says to press up to send and 1 to proceed. It sends the data and says completed but there is nothing in the software.
FYI, this is for cloning from radio to radio only. When you're trying to download from the scanner to Win92 you must initiate it from Win92. In fact, when using the serial cable you can still operate the scanner normally after the cable is inserted -- it is only affected when you're actually uploading or downloading from the computer. I'm not sure how the USB cable causes the scanner to behave.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.