Programming Anytone for police monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwims1

Premium Subscriber
I am very new to DMR and could use some help. I'm trying to program the Hickory county Sheriff Dept. DMR frequencies into my AT-D878UV Plus radio. I can get analog to work just fine, but not DMR. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also since the first thing posted on another forum was to set "TX Prohibit", I already know to do that. Thanks. Here is the setting, Hickory County, Missouri (MO) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
EDIT; forgot to mention, I'm using the CPS programming software.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
In digital contacts, create a group call with the correct talkgroup ID, then create a digital channel, with the correct slot. Select your talkgroup and finally add the channel to a zone.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
In addition to the above post, turn on promiscuous/monitor mode utilizing both time slot. That way you will trap any CC/TG/TS combinations not already listed in the database.

alwims1

Premium Subscriber
In addition to the above post, turn on promiscuous/monitor mode utilizing both time slot. That way you will trap any CC/TG/TS combinations not already listed in the database.
Please explain where "promiscuous/monitor mode" is located in the CPS. Thanks Edit, I think I found it.

When you say create a digital channel and these are repeaters, do I put in an offset frequency?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Mode is assigned to a button to toggle thru off/1 slot/2 slot. Just program as if a simplex channel without offset.

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
The way I do it is to enter each Talkgroup as a group contact. Create a single receive list and add all the talkgroups. Then I program each frequency in twice, first is slot one and the other is slot two. Check receive only on all frequencies. Use the single receive group on all channels. Also add them all to a scan group in order.

Pros:
The front end of most DMR radios is very tight. Range and sensitivity blow scanners away. You will be able to hear signals very far away.

Cons:
The DMR radio will not trunk track like a good scanner. So in a very busy area you will miss some calls. If you are listening in a rural area it will work pretty good.

Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.