Programming BCD396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatsat

I have a Uniden BCD396T and I want it to scan some Public Safety channels. I have the software that came with the scanner installed and I can add these systems to my scanner, but I cannot make it scan through them. I keep getting an error that says 'Scan Mode - Nothing to Scan' ...

gatsat

Hmm... how would I go about enabling the banks ? Sorry, I am not familiar with the jargon.

Viper43

Wrong forum, this should be in the Uniden Scanner forum ,not amature radio.....anyway you don't have the system(s) you programmed unlocked so thats why you aren't scanning them. Make sure you have the checkbox unchecked where it says "Lockout"

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There are several things that can keep this from happening. You may have assigned a system to a system quick key and have that quick key disabled/locked out. You may have the system quick key enabled, but there may be group quick keys, and all of them are disabled/locked out.

In addition to the quick key portion, you could also have the system itself locked out, which you can unlock it going through the programming steps. There may be one or more groups within the system that are locked out via programming. Lastly, there may be individual channels or talk groups all of which are locked out via programming.

In other words, there are many things that can give you the message you saw. Basically it says you have a lot of stuff in your scanner, but everything has been locked out or disabled from being scanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.