Programming Bell Fleetnet 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

domando1069

Premium Subscriber
I have Uniden BCD996T scanner programed in Bell Fleetnet 3 and nothing locks on. I have updated firmware and I can receive weather network. Can hear Bell Fleetnet 3 from Manitoulin Island on computer so I know it's working. Any thoughts. Thanks

ninfreak

win u say cant lock on do u mean cant lock on control channel our do u mean cant lock on to talkgroup and how did u program the bcd996t manual our software

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
I have Uniden BCD996T scanner programed in Bell Fleetnet 3 and nothing locks on. I have updated firmware and I can receive weather network. Can hear Bell Fleetnet 3 from Manitoulin Island on computer so I know it's working. Any thoughts. Thanks

Does your programming include the Custom Frequency Table? Or, did you only program the site frequencies?

You won't hear anything until the custom table aspect is taken care of.

domando1069

Premium Subscriber
Programmed Bell Fleetnet 3 using BC Tool and having it get channels from radio reference as I did before but this time not picking up any channels

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
mciupa
What is custom table aspect??
Thanks

See message #4 of this thread, explains to you how to program your scanner to work on fleetnet, the custom tables are found in the message.

Are you using software to program your scanner or doing it hands on? Programming scanners like this by hand is difficult especially for a newb.

Keep in mind that you will have to be close enough to a fleetnet tower in order for your scanner to work. And finally, I did a bit of monitoring up near Manitulin a long time ago, sparce populations means less amount of activity.

domando1069

Premium Subscriber
EJB
Thanks but I programmed Bell Fleetnet 3 using BC Tool software and imported the frequencies from radio reference. It worked up to about 8 months ago until I moved. Put scanner in box and just took it out lately,
reprogrammed because I wasn't getting anything. Also updated firmware. and I only moved about 5 miles from previous location. Thanks

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
The frequencies are not enough. You need the Custom Frequency Table.

This part of the programming must also be done

Scroll to the Edit Sys Option menu item and press "E".

Scroll to the Edit Band Plan menu item and press "E".

Your scanner should be sitting on Band Plan 1.This will allow your scanner to convert the channel numbers sent over the control channel to actual frequencies.

Press "E" to start entering in the base, spacing and offset for Band Plan 1.

Press "141.015E" to enter the base frequency for Band Plan 1.
Scroll to the 15.0 kHz entry and press "E" to enter the channel spacing for Band Plan 1.
Press "E" to select the default Offset of 380 for Band Plan 1.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Do you have to enter plan 2 and 3 when programming every FleetNet zone?

Not Zone 3 or 4.

Only Zone 1 Mowat (Toronto) and Zone 2 Vankleek Hill need Band Plan 2 because of 152.000

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
EJB
Thanks but I programmed Bell Fleetnet 3 using BC Tool software and imported the frequencies from radio reference. It worked up to about 8 months ago until I moved. Put scanner in box and just took it out lately,
reprogrammed because I wasn't getting anything. Also updated firmware. and I only moved about 5 miles from previous location. Thanks

In your software does it allow you to see the band plan, as MCUIPA posted in his recent message?
I am not familiar with your software or your scanner, I borrowed a buddy's 996XT many years ago.
If you havent set it up, fleetnet wont work.

Normally when you hit a wall like you have, you are very close to figuring out what to do next, believe me, I have been there myself.

Perhaps there are some people here who have a file for his area and he can get started that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.