Programming Cable BC365CRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semprini

Greetings,

I have acquired a Bearcat BC365CRS Scanner, on the back is what appears to be a 1/8" audio jack marked "PC I/F"; the manual says this is used for firmware updates, but I'm hoping it can also be used to program the scanner from a PC. I have an old cable that I used to program my Radio Shack Pro-82, but that has a D-Sub 9 on one end, and my current PC does not have that connection; I have not been able to find a cable USB-A to 1/8" audio plug, I'd be up to make one if I knew the proper pinout. Can someone shed some more light on this connection and if it can be used for programming?

Thank you
-Scott

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Greetings,

I have acquired a Bearcat BC365CRS Scanner, on the back is what appears to be a 1/8" audio jack marked "PC I/F"; the manual says this is used for firmware updates, but I'm hoping it can also be used to program the scanner from a PC. I have an old cable that I used to program my Radio Shack Pro-82, but that has a D-Sub 9 on one end, and my current PC does not have that connection; I have not been able to find a cable USB-A to 1/8" audio plug, I'd be up to make one if I knew the proper pinout. Can someone shed some more light on this connection and if it can be used for programming?

Thank you
-Scott

The BC365CRS scanner can not be programmed by computer, the PC/IF jack will only function for firmware updates, no programming functions are available. Directly wiring a USB connector and cable to a connector for that jack will not work either. The PC/IF jack is RS232 serial communication, and is not directly compatible with USB. If you don't have a computer with the old serial ports, you would need to use a USB to serial convertor in conjunction with the cable you have.

Programming by hand is quite simple, there are YouTube videos that describe programming for those types of scanners.

I assume you are aware that the BC365CRS is an analog only scanner, and is very limited to what it can scan given today's complex radio systems in use.... no trunking, no digital modes of any kind... conventional analog only, nothing above 512 MHz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.