Programming cable for SDS100 & SDS200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
And sometimes the supplied cable will throw the same warning which it did in my case. Using the supplied adapter and the cable for my fire tablet it never happened again. So sometimes the supplied cable will fail you just never know.

I've seen that also. In my case, it was a poor connection at the power supply or computer end that caused it.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Thanks, Mike! So the mini and micro are not micro "B" and mini "B" And the USB computer end is not USB A or B
?
Mini and Micro are both USB-B type connections. By definition they are B type connections.

USB-A: the standard USB connection, the type on your computer
USB-B: the smaller types that were used for cell phones for years. USB mini is the larger of the two, but micro was created to work with thinner phones.
USB-C: the new type that can be plugged in on either side.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
A good quality USB sync cable will not give an error caused by the cable. Junk cables that cost 99 cents from China, purchased off of FleaBay may well cause errors or worse. Any respectable USB sync cable can handle the amperage that a SDS100 draws.

I also have extra cables. A cable kept by the scanner, a cable for my home office, a cable for my work office, a cable for my car. That way I don't have to carry cables around, they are already wherever I need them to be.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
...USB-C: the new type that can be plugged in on either side.

Yes, and what should have been used on both scanners, and which should relegate the micro and mini to the dustbin of history, yet the cursed things still carry on. Old eyes + dim room + micros USB = irritation. At least with the mini you can easily see which side is which. With the USB C it works either way.

2wayradiodogs

Mini and Micro are both USB-B type connections. By definition they are B type connections.
thanks!

USB-A: the standard USB connection, the type on your computer
USB-B: the smaller types that were used for cell phones for years. USB mini is the larger of the two, but micro was created to work with thinner phones.
USB-C: the new type that can be plugged in on either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.