BR330T: programming cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHAS12

Hello everybody, I recently purchased a uniden br330t from scanner master, and I was wondering what cable can be used since I do not have a serial port on my computer.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
He said he didn't have a serial port so this is worthless.

A serial-to-USB converter is "worthless"? Really, you sure about that? :roll:

Please take a minute to look at and understand what the TRENDnet TU-S9 does. It takes a serial cable (i.e. the one that comes with the BR330T), and converts it to USB so that you can plug it into a PC that lacks a serial port.

I've been using the TU-S9 for years with my BC346XT serial cable for the very same purpose.

By the way, the TU-S9 uses the exact same Prolific chip as the Uniden USB-1 cable.

Your apology is accepted in advance. :lol:

DHAS12

A serial-to-USB converter is "worthless"? Really, you sure about that? :roll:

Please take a minute to look at and understand what the TRENDnet TU-S9 does. It takes a serial cable (i.e. the one that comes with the BR330T), and converts it to USB so that you can plug it into a PC that lacks a serial port.

I've been using the TU-S9 for years with my BC346XT serial cable for the very same purpose.

By the way, the TU-S9 uses the exact same Prolific chip as the Uniden USB-1 cable.

Your apology is accepted in advance. :lol:
Thank you. I will order that one. I was hoping I would not have to spend 30 bucks plus shipping for a cable.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You're welcome.

The latest driver for the PL2303 chipset can be downloaded from Prolific's site:

Products

Status
Not open for further replies.