Programming Control channels for multiple sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
I am wondering in regards to the Portland Public safety system. Where I live I am only able to pick up one site which only has a few cc's. Would it hurt to just put in the cc's for the other sites too even tho majority of the time I will only be picking up the one site?
Scanner I have is the PSR-310

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
No, but your not going to hear them unless your in range of the tower. Also see page 53 of the manual for the MULTISITE STAT and ROAM settings.

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
No, but your not going to hear them unless your in range of the tower. Also see page 53 of the manual for the MULTISITE STAT and ROAM settings.

I accidentally opened two threads on this topic, but over on this other thread i told them i switched MULTISITE to OFF and it seems to be working better now... i wonder if when it was on roaming my scanner was taking too much time finding a good enough control channel?

Drafin

Along those same lines, I have a question.

In the 800 can you program multiple sites independently and associate a set of talkgroups with all the sites?

I monitor the NC VIPER system and it has many of sites. Do I have to put in the talkgroups every time I put in a new site? Or can I associate one set of TGIDs with multiple sites? Basically I want to put in each tower and then only put the TGIDs in once and then be able to turn towers on and off as I travel.

You can't do it on the 500 and was wondering if it ever changed on the 800. One of the only features that Uniden has that I wish GRE would implement.

Draf

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The 800 does ROAM only - 1 site (no STAT) so I would say no thats not a feature..

unless you make a whole bunch of different scanlists (one for each tower and the TGID's you want)... then turn on and off the scanlists as you go

Good news is the 800 has 200 scanlists (as well as scansets - combinations of scanlists) so there is lots of choices available.As well as lots of memory available (you dont have to worry about 1800 capacity like in the 500/600 so you can do what you mention).

It takes a bit of keypad work to turn on and off scanlists though (cant be done blind while driving)...

Along those same lines, I have a question.

In the 800 can you program multiple sites independently and associate a set of talkgroups with all the sites?

I monitor the NC VIPER system and it has many of sites. Do I have to put in the talkgroups every time I put in a new site? Or can I associate one set of TGIDs with multiple sites? Basically I want to put in each tower and then only put the TGIDs in once and then be able to turn towers on and off as I travel.

You can't do it on the 500 and was wondering if it ever changed on the 800. One of the only features that Uniden has that I wish GRE would implement.

Draf

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
The 800 does ROAM only - 1 site (no STAT) so I would say no thats not a feature..

unless you make a whole bunch of different scanlists (one for each tower and the TGID's you want)... then turn on and off the scanlists as you go

Good news is the 800 has 200 scanlists (as well as scansets - combinations of scanlists) so there is lots of choices available.As well as lots of memory available (you dont have to worry about 1800 capacity like in the 500/600 so you can do what you mention).

It takes a bit of keypad work to turn on and off scanlists though (cant be done blind while driving)...

This is pretty much what i am doing with the system near me since it is split among two counties i have two scanlists (both of which consist of the same TGID's) with different towers on each scanlist, so when i drive to the other county i just switch over to the other scanlist

Status
Not open for further replies.