Programming Control Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginky4

Is there any benefit to programming in all the 800mhz frequencies on a digitally trunked Project 25 Phase 1 system versus programming in just the control channels?

marksmith

Probably not. I tend to do it myself, but control and alternates, particularly for P25 systems should be enough, as it is only going to lock on to the active control channel, and it will direct reception from the various voice channels.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

kma371

QRT
Yes. If the system is large, it prevents unnecessary checking on non-control channels which could affect the speed of scanning. Plus you don't have to program them so why do it :)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Good reasons can be offered on both sides of "to or not to" question.

If it's an "important" system to me (one I don't want to potentially miss something) and I'm not up against memory limits of the scanner, I'll program all frequencies associated with a site. Otherwise, it is control (primary and alternate) channel only.

As an aside since you have the 396XT, if you look at downloads for the Home Patrol line of scanners, you'll see Uniden includes all frequencies for a site.

ginky4

I too have all the 800mhz frequencies programmed in. Not just the Control Channels.

wtp

AND

in case the system goes offline be sure to have the system in as conventional.
if a trunking system goes to fail soft the towers just transition to individual repeaters.
so your radio will not follow anything as there is no data sent then.
and some systems have the channels open with a 9 second beep tone.
this is a great time to make sure you have a list of all the channels just for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.